Price new - £4495
Power – 82bhp
Torque – 71ftlb
Top Speed – 114.2mph
Dry weight – 250kg
Colours – Red, Black
Fuel: 23 litres
Seat height: 838mm
Hesketh Top Restoration and Maintenance Tips
• Heskeths respond well to being ridden
• Join the Hesketh Owners Club to learn
about the bikes and enjoy a good social environment.
• Keep the carbs balanced and battery
in good condition to avoid flipping the sprang
• A gel battery on an Optimate stops the
clock fully draining the power.
• Astralite rims have been known to split
– these are now unavailable new but a
simple mod avoids the problem.
• Reduce chain snatch by softening the
rear hub cush drive rubbers, the owners club
supply the drawing for a DIY solution.
• Check any intended buy has the essential
upgrades such as the CN10 package and other
spares, these are all available from Broom Development
• The owners club also produces consumables
such as silencers and flyscreens.
Engine: air-cooled 992cc (95
x 70mm), four-stroke 90deg V-twin, 2 x 36mm
DellOrto carbs. 5-speed, chain final drive
Chassis: Tubular steel open
cradle frame, 38mm Marzocchi telescopic forks,
twin Marzocchi oil-damped rear shock with adjustable
Brakes: 279mm discs with
2-piston Brembo calipers front, 279mm disc 2-piston
Brembo caliper rear.
Tyres: 110/90 x 19 front,
130/90 x 17 rear.