Gus Scott Charity Auction - November 9th 2005
News Archives | WSB
Results | British
Superbike Results | MotoGP Results |
The whole motorcycle community has joined together and donated some priceless items to a charity auction in memory of a much-loved friend.
Ian Scott, or Gus as most knew him, was a hugely popular motorcycle racer as well as a well-known journalist. Tragically Gus died in the Senior race of this year's Isle of Man races, leaving behind his 11-year-old daughter Yasmin.
The auction will take place at the Club Amadeus in Northallerton, home of the North Yorkshire Road Racing Supporters Club, on Sunday November 27 starting at 5pm with entrance costing £3. All money raised in the auction will be put in to a trust fund for Yasmin.
As well as a line up of kit to bid on stars of the biking world including former World Superbike Champion Neil Hodgson, Niall Mackenzie, James Whitham, John McGuinness, Dean Ellison, Michael Rutter, Karl Harris, Leon Haslam, Martin Finnegan and many more will all be at the auction, work commitments allowing.
More information will be announced in future issues of TWO Magazine or on their website www.two.tv. If you want to make a financial pledge to the fund then log onto www.gusscott.com where you can pledge money or buy pictures of MotoGP, World Superbikes and British Superbike stars from a number of renowned photographers. There are also plenty of pictures of Gus.
Unfortunately you can only bid on kit if you are at the auction, but with such a host of stars as well as fantastic items to bid on what's stopping you coming up? Keep an eye on www.two.tv for the latest information, or click on www.gusscott.com to buy pics of the industry's heroes.
Kit for auction;
Here is what has been pledged so far, more kit is coming in every day. Read the whole list, there are some amazing items hidden in there!
- A Buell CityX XB9SX worth £5995
- All expenses paid trip for two to the Macau 2006 GP (Flights, Accommodation, Tickets, Transfers)
- Two paddock passes for any MotoGP round in 2006 including a car pass and a lap of the circuit in the safety car with former world champion Franco Uncini
- A one-off Neil Hodgson hand painted Suomy lid that has never been worn
- A day at the Ron Haslam Race School
- Bering Jacket donated by Maria Costello
- AGV Stealth St Andrews lid signed by Niall Mackenzie
- Two full hospitality passes with the Yamaha WSB team at the 2006 WSB at Brands Hatch
- A set of Nori Haga's Alpinestar Aprilia WSB leathers
- A pair of VIP passes to any BSB round as guests of Team Virgin Mobile Samsung Yamaha and loads of team kit
- A set of Neil Hodgson's leathers used in the 2005 AMA season - only used once!!
- An Arai Corsair signed by Arai's MotoGP riders - inc Edwards, Gibernau, Hopkins, Hayden, Schwantz, Roberts and Nakano, it has a certificate with it authenticating the signatures.
- A V2 Caberg crash helmet
- A signed Foggy Petronas model truck
- Loads of signed Duke vids and DVDs
- A day at the CAS Honda Off-Road Experience
- A pair of VIP tickets to any BSB round with Honda
- A signed Shinya Nakano Arai helmet
- Signed pictures of Kiyonari and Lavilla by Paul Sturman
- Various items from Michelin
- A set of Bridgestone tyres
- A set of Oxford Product paddock stands
- Limited edition, framed John Blanchard prints of Dave Jefferies and Steve Hislop
- A pair of VIP tickets to any BSB round with Rizla Suzuki - reserve £400
- A signed pair of James Toseland's boots
- Hein Gericke Master IV suit worth £575
- A signed set of Niall Mackenzie's leathers
- A selection of signed Rizla Clothing - Jackets, shirts
- A selection of pictures by Paul Barton @ Moto-Racer.com - inc Rossi picture
- A signed Ducati book
- James Whitham signed shirt
- Glen Richard's signed leathers as worn in his 150mph crash at Silverstone!
- A Suomy crash helmet signed by the WSB riders
- Dean Ellison's boots, leathers and gloves from the 2004 season when Phase One's World Endurance Team won the championship
- A signed model of Haga's bike, Leon Haslam's toe sliders and a signed set of Cal Crutchlow's gloves
- A Yamaha 50th Anniversary Team America leather jacket
- Loads of Blue Flame exhausts
- A signed Neil Hodgson large cardboard print on Fila Ducati by Graeme Brown
- Spidi kit
- Two pairs of Tom Sykes' gloves
- Colin Edwards bits n bobs
- Tommy Hill KBC Helmet signed
- BSB/WSB Rider-signed Kiddimoto
- Nakano Helmet - signed personally to the winner of the auction, plus signed photo - donated by Kawasaki UK
- Michael Rutter signed kit - Dainese slider, Spyke gloves, HM Plant cap & polo shirt
- Frankie Chili signed t-shirt
- Framed Spidi t-shirt signed by all the Spidi riders
- Framed Fat Boy Slim silver disc - framed (1998 album - Better living through chemistry)
- Chris Walker signed helmet from Imola WSB
- 6 separate Shoei posters signed by Rutter, Kiyonari, Emmett, Harris, Haydon and McGuinness
- One year subscription to Classic Bike Magazine
- A full set of Motografix body work protection for a Ducati 749/999
- Troy Corser replica helmet
- Carl Fogarty signed autobiography
- Aprilia nose cone from Jeremy McWilliams RS3
plus much, much more.
How to get there;
Northallerton is above Leeds. Take the A1(M) until it turns into the A1 at junction 49 from the south or junction 56 from the north. Follow the A1 then turn off onto the A684 signed Northallerton. Club Amadeus is behind the Job Centre.