Shane Byrne rides for Camel Honda team in next two MotoGP rounds-Sept 18th 2005
News Archives | WSB
Results | British
Superbike Results | MotoGP Results |
The 28 year-old British rider, Shane Byrne will ride Troy Bayliss's yellow Honda in the next two rounds of the World Championship, at Sepang and Doha.
As the team await the return of Troy Bayliss, and after this weekend's appearance of HRC's official rider Tohru Ukawa, it will be the young Englishman, who is in his second year of MotoGP, who will ride in Camel Honda team colours for the next two events.
"To ride one of the Camel Honda team's bikes is a massive opportunity which makes me very proud indeed, and I will give everything to show my true potential. I will meet up with the team on Tuesday in Sepang, a track I know quite well after having tested there a few times. I haven't ever ridden in Qatar so I'll have to try and get a good feel for the track early on there."
Shane Byrne Details:
- Date of birth: December 10th, 1976
- Place of birth: Lambeth, UK
- Marital status: Single
- Hobby: Motocross, physical training
- 1988; Trial debut - takes part in 4 events, winning one.
- 1993; Moves on to Motocross - wins four races in five hard months
- 1996; Debuts in road-racing with a Kawasaki.
- 1997; Supersport Club Races - Wins Cadwell Park race and is 1st in championship
- 1998; British Supersport Championship - Wins at Snetterton and finishes 6th in championship
- 1999; British Superbike Championship - 15th in championship
- 2000; British Superbike Championship - 14th in championship
- 2001; British Superbike Championship - 8th in championship
- 2002; British Superbike Championship - 4th in championship
- 2003; British Superbike Champion
- 2004; MotoGP World Championship - Aprilia
- 2005; MotoGP World Championship - Proton KTM