Supersport Winston Ten Kate Honda Qatar Testing - February 20th 2005
News Archives | WSB
Results | Supermoto Results | British
Superbike Results | MotoGP Results |
Winston Ten Kate Honda's two World Supersport championship riders, Sébastien Charpentier and Katsuaki Fujiwara, declared themselves confident for next weekend's (26 Feb) first round after completing a two-day test in Doha, Qatar today.
Charpentier was able to improve his time from yesterday's first day by half a second to stay on top of the official timing sheets, while Fujiwara climbed to 5th place as he continues to become accustomed to his new Honda machinery.
"I'm very happy today," said Charpentier, "as we were able to do some longer distance runs in order to simulate the race conditions that we expect next Saturday. I tried two possible set-ups today and think that I can improve my lap time even more with the best one."
As well, as learning about his new CBR600RR, Fujiwara is, like all his fellow competitors, still learning his way around the 5.38km Losail circuit on the outskirts of Doha. He is also confident about the championship's first round.
"What gives me the most confidence," he said, "is that I was able to maintain similar lap times right the way through an extended 12-lap run. I tried to put in a fast lap but made a small mistake, which shows me I still have things to learn about the bike and the track!"
Losail Circuit - Doha, Qatar, day two times (World Supersport):
- 1.Sébastien Charpentier, FRA (Winston Ten Kate Honda) - 86 laps, 2m 04.259s
- 2.Fabien Foret, FRA (Honda) - 89 laps, 2:05.083
- 3.Kevin Curtain, AUS (Yamaha) - 57 laps, 2:05.194
- 4.Michel Fabrizio, ITA (Honda) - 83 laps, 2:05.295
- 5.Katsuaki Fujiwara, JAP (Winston Ten Kate Honda) - 88 laps, 2m 05.662s
- 6.Gianluca Nannelli, ITA (Ducati) - 67 laps, 2:05.917
- 7.Stephane Chambon, FRA (Honda) - 71 laps, 2:06.271
- 8.Broc Parkes, AUS (Yamaha) - 78 laps, 2:06.436
- 9.Xavi Fores, SPA (Suzuki) - 97 laps, 2:06.582
- 10.Christophe Cogan (FRA (Suzuki) - 75 laps, 2:06.777