Duke Road Race Rankings - 2005 Details - February 25th 2005
News Archives | WSB
Results | Supermoto Results | British
Superbike Results | MotoGP Results |
The dates for the 2005 Duke Road Race Rankings Series have been confirmed, with a total of twenty-two rounds, commencing at the Cookstown '100' Road Races on 30th April and concluding at the Gold Cup Meeting at Oliver's Mount on 17th/18th September.
2003 winner Ryan Farquhar, who successfully retained his title last year, will be out to defend his title on his new sponsors MSS Kawasaki machines, whilst no doubt the inaugural winner Ian Lougher will be aiming to regain the title from his arch-rival, having finished third in 2004.
2005 will be the fourth year of The Duke Road Race Rankings the adjudication panel has decided to keep the format similar to the previous years, with a number of the rounds having their weightings upgraded.
Grading scores are weighted to take into account of the prominence of the meeting, breadth of opposition and circuit length. Thus, a result in the North West '200' would score higher than a similar placing at, for instance, Cookstown. Rankings will be revised after each event.
The rankings include the performances of riders in all classes: Superbike, Supersport (600cc), 250/400cc, 125cc and the Superstock (Production - where held), plus the Feature Race at each event and the opening Support Races in Ireland.
The dates for the 2005 Duke Road Race Rankings Series are as follows:
- 1, 30th April - Cookstown '100' Cookstown & DMCC
- 2, 2nd May - Spring National Road Races - Oliver's Mount Auto 66 Club
- 3, 7th May - Tandragee '100' North Armagh MCC
- 4, 21st May - North West '200' Coleraine & District
- 5, 4th-10th June - TT Races Manx Motor Cycle Club
- 6, 11th June - Steam Packet 175th Anniversary Road Races Southern 100 Racing
- 7, 19th June - Athea Athea MCC
- 8, 2nd July - Skerries Road Races Loughshinny MCC
- 9, 1st-3rd July - Cock o'th North Road Races Auto 66 Club
- 10, 10th July - Walderstown Road Races Fore MCC
- 11, 11th-14th July - Southern '100' 50th Anniversary Road Races Southern 100 Racing
- 12, 16th July - Jurby South Road Races Andreas RA
- 12a, 23rd & 24th July - Aberdare Park Road Races Aberaman MCC
- 14, 24th July - Kells Road Races Kells MCC
- 15, 31st July - Faugheen Road Races Faugheen 50 SC
- 16, 6th August - Mid Antrim '150' Mid Antrim MCC
- 17, 11th August - Dundrod '150' Dundrod & DMC MCC
- 18, 13th August - Ulster Grand Prix Dundrod & DMC
- 19, 28th August - Dundalk Road Races Louth MCC
- 20, 29th August - 2nd September Manx Grand Prix Manx Motor Cycle Club
- 21, 11th September - Killalane Road Races Loughshinny MCC
- 22, 17th & 18th September - Gold Cup Road Races - Oliver's Mount Auto 66 Club