WSS Qatar - Race Result and Report - February 26th 2005
News Archives | WSB
Results | Supermoto Results | British
Superbike Results | MotoGP Results |
Winston Ten Kate Honda riders Sebastien Charpentier and Katsuaki Fujiwara dominated the race, but in the most peculiar circumstances imaginable.
Charpentier led the race by a seemingly safe distance but unable to conserve his front tyre he slowly increased his lap time, just as Fujiwara made seemingly impossible progress after stalling on the line.
Michel Fabrizio (Italia Megabike Honda) was third, Kevin Curtain (Yamaha Motor Germany) fourth and the second Megabike runner, Fabien Foret fifth, also unable to conserve his front tyre.
Top Suzuki pilot was again Javier Fores in eighth, with Gianluca Nannelli (SC Caracchi 749R) best Ducati rider in ninth.
World Supersport Qatar - Race Result;
- 1 - Katsuaki Fujiwara - Winston Ten Kate Honda - 37'54.414
- 2 - Sébastien Charpentier - Winston Ten Kate Honda - 37'59.876
- 3 - Michel Fabrizio - Italia Megabike - 38'08.384
- 4 - Kevin Curtain - Yamaha Motor Germany - 38'23.127
- 5 - Fabien Foret - Team Megabike - 38'25.730
- 6 - Broc Parkes - Yamaha Motor Germany - 38'26.873
- 7 - Stéphane Chambon - Gil Motorsport - 38'31.256
- 8 - Javier Fores - Alstare Suzuki Corona Extra - 38'36.905
- 9 - Gianluca Nannelli - Ducati SC Caracchi - 38'49.344
- 10 - Tatu Lauslehto - Klaffi Honda - 38'53.506
- 11 - Andrea Berta - Ducati Selmat - 39'26.142
- 12 - Tomas Miksovsky - Intermoto Czech Republic - 39'30.485
- 13 - Pawel Szkopek - Intermoto Czech Republic - 39'42.004
- 14 - Matteo Baiocco - Lightspeed Kawasaki - 38'04.479
- 1 - K. Fujiwara - 25
- 2 - S. Charpentier - 20
- 3 - M. Fabrizio - 16
- 4 - K. Curtain - 13
- 5 - F. Foret - 11
- 6 - B. Parkes - 10
- 7 - S. Chambon - 9
- 8 - J. Fores - 8
- 9 - G. Nannelli - 7
- 10 - T. Lauslehto - 6
- 11 - A. Berta - 5
- 12 - T. Miksovsky - 4
- 13 - P. Szkopek - 3
- 14 - M. Baiocco - 2
The second round of both championships takes place at Phillip Island, on April 3, but this race is preceded by an official SBK test at Valencia, Spain, on 12th and 13th March.