Suzuki Castrol Top Bol D'Or Qualifying - September 15th 2006
News Archives | WSB
Results | British
Superbike Results | MotoGP Results |
Suzuki Castrol's number two team rider Julien da Costa has taken pole position on his GSX-R1000 for tomorrow's final-round Bol d'Or World Endurance Championship round in France.
Amid persistent rain throughout the day, World Champions Suzuki Castrol's Vincent Philippe was fastest in the first group of riders on the track in the morning session with a time of 2:02.059. In the second group, da Costa went faster with a 2:00.841 to beat National Motos Honda's Olivier Four on 2:01.566.
Suzuki Castrol team manager Dominique Melian said: "I am not so happy this weekend. The top three bikes are all on the same tyre so there is no advantage. To go faster our riders just need more laps on the bike for their confidence. Bike "0" will be going for the race win, but bike "1" must race for the Championship title."
The Bol d'Or 24 Hour race starts at 3pm tomorrow afternoon.
Top Ten Provisional Qualifying Positions:
- 1: Suzuki Castrol 0 - FRA - Suzuki GSX-R1000 - J. Da Costa - 2:00.841
- 2: National Motos Honda - FRA - Honda CBR1000RR - O. Four - 2:01.586
- 3: Suzuki Castrol 1 - FRA - Suzuki GSX-R1000 - V. Philippe - 2:02.059
- 4: Team Kawasaki France - FRA - Kawasaki ZX10R - P. Piot - 2:03.653
- 5: Yamaha GMT94 - FRA - Yamaha YZF-R1 - D. Vankeymeulen - 2:04.318
- 6: Kawasaki Maccio Racing - FRA - Kawasaki ZX10R - L. Fremy - 2:04.828
- 7: Infini Team Suzuki - FRA - Suzuki GSX-R1000 ? C. Michel - 2:05.111
- 8: Kawasaki Bolliger Team - SUI - Kawasaki ZX10R - P. Muff - 2:05.150
- 9: Junior Team Suzuki LMS - FRA - Suzuki GSX-R1000 - A. Delhalle - 2:05.515
- 10: Dap 91 Profil - FRA - Honda CBR1000RR - B. Stey - 2:05.649