CCM Unveil The CR40 Café Racer - October 16th 2006
News Archives | WSB
Results | British
Superbike Results | MotoGP Results |
Fresh from announcing the imminent launch of their new SR40 Street Scrambler, CCM has quickly served up a second surprise by revealing details of their soon to be released CR40 Café Racer. Both retro models are inspired by CCM's golden era of racing that stretched through the 70's and 80's. The two very differently styled machines are going to be officially launched at the NEC International Motorcycle and Scooter Show later this month.
The CR40 will make its public debut in at least two different disguises. The naked and un-faired version is perhaps a true Café Racer in the strictest sense, and will definitely delight the purists amongst the motorcycle community. Alternatively the fully faired race replica with its retro paint scheme is a fitting celebration of CCM's 1981 TT winning machine, which was ridden to victory by Steve Tompkins.
As per the FT35 and SR40, the CR40 will also be a limited edition model from the Bolton based manufacturer, with production scheduled to start early in 2007.
Technical spec - CR40 Café Racer;
- Tank : Hand crafted alloy - 15 litres
- Frame : Steel tubular
- Suspension : Front: Marzocchi 40mm- 120mm travel
- Rear: Twin shocks 80mm travel
- Brakes : Front: Brembo twin piston caliper, 320mm disc brake
- Rear : Brembo single piston caliper 240mm
- Exhaust: Reverse megaphone - under slung exhaust (Optional race exhaust system)
- Weight: 126kg
- Wheelbase : 1330mm
- Seat Height: 800mm
- Steering angle: 26.5 degrees
- Tyres : Dunlop K81 front and rear
- Wheels : 18" spoke - alloy rims
- Engine : Suzuki DRZ400
- Optional - Upgrade to 436cc
- Optional - Upgrade to 499cc
- Optional - Full race fairing / CCM race colours paint
- Optional - Remus Power cone race can
- RRP £5840 OTR
For further information about CCM Motorcycles please visit www.ccm-motorcycles.net.