Suzuki Clinch World Endurance Championship - September 17th 2006
News Archives | WSB
Results | British
Superbike Results | MotoGP Results |
Suzuki Endurance Racing Team rider Keiichi Kitagawa crossed the Bol d'Or line at 3pm local time on his Castrol Suzuki GSX-R1000 after 24 hours of racing, 13 laps ahead of nearest rivals Yamaha Austria Racing Team.
The race was one of the toughest of the year with wet qualifying sessions denying teams sufficient time to find a set-up that would work in the bright, hot and dry conditions experienced at the start of the race.
Kitagawa took the final stint of the race and the chequered flag, marking his retirement from motorcycle racing with a race victory and a World Championship title.
Said SERT team rider Matthieu Lagrive: "It feels fantastic because this is my third victory at the Bol d'Or and my second World Endurance Championship. I'm not tired; it's not possible to be tired at a time like this. The race was not really difficult for us, and of course I had fun. Racing is always fun."
Bol d'Or Race Result:
- 1: Suzuki Castrol Team - FRA - Suzuki GSX-R1000 - Philippe, Kitagawa, Lagrive - 785 laps
- 2: Yamaha Austria - AUT - Yamaha YZF-R1 - Jerman, Scarnato, Giabbani - 772 laps
- 3: Team Kawasaki France - FRA - Kawasaki ZX10R - Piot, Plater, Ailva - 762 laps
- 4: Junior Team Suzuki LMS - FRA - Suzuki GSX-R1000 - Metro, Delhalle, Foray - 755 laps
- 5: National Motos Honda - FRA - Honda CBR1000RR - Protat, Four, Ribalta - 752 laps
- 6: Yamaha Phase One - GBR - Yamaha YZF-R1- Nowland, Cudlin, Miinin - 750 laps
- 7: Team Decibels Endurance - FRA - Yamaha YZF-R1 - Cuzin, Giles, Nuques - 746 laps
- 8: Metiss JLC Moto - FRA - Metiss 1000 - Baratin, Thuret, Cheron - 740 laps
- 9: Team Power Bike - FRA - Yamaha YZF-R1 - Noyes, Huvier, Auger - 737 laps
- 10: Aprilia Motociclismo Test Team - ITA - Aprilia RSV1000 - Aliverti, Pellizzon, Veghini - 736 laps