Alpha Boilers Klaffi Team - TT 2006 - First Practice Days - May 31st 2006
News Archives | WSB
Results | British
Superbike Results | MotoGP Results |
Tourist Trophy Isle of Man 2006 - The Alpha Boilers Klaffi Team takes
part with Martin Finnegan (Superbike, Supersport and Superstock) and the
Sidecar duo Klaus Klaffenböck / Christian Parzer.
It was Louis Christen, the famous sidecar designer from Switzerland,
himself to build a complete new sidecar for the both Austrians. Only two
prototypes of the new LCR were delivered. Andy Laidlow/Patrick Farrance
won with one of them the sidecar races at Eastfortune.
The second one belongs to Klaffi and Parzer.
The most important difference between the both LCRs is the engine.
Laidlow/Farrance use a Suzuki. Klaus Klaffenböck choosed a Honda CBR 600
RR engine. During the first two practice days on the Isle of Man Klaffi
and Parzer worked on the set-up and used the time to get their new
sidecar completely under control.
Klaus Klaffenböck: "Our new LCR sidecar is fantastic. You always want to
open the throttle immediately. But for this is a little bit too early.
We used the first days on the island to optimize everything and to
become acquainted with the course again. 2005 we finished 8th and this
year we even want to improve our results. Concerning Martin Finnegan we
are heading to win. He has such a performance that this may be possible."
In the first practice sessions Martin Finnegan already did some
impressive lap times. With a 18:38.32 lap time he was fastest Superbike
rider on Monday and achieved a speed of 121.457 m/ph.
- Saturday, 27.05.- evening - practice
- Monday, 29.05. - evening - practice
- Tuesday, 30.05. - evening - practice
- Wednesday, 31.05. - evening - practice
- Thursday, 01.06. - afternoon - practice
- Friday, 02.06. - evening - practice
- Saturday, 03.06. - 13.oo Superbike Race - 6 laps
- Monday, 05.06. - 10.45 Superstock Race - 4 laps, 13.15 Sidecar Race A -
- Wednesday, 07.06.- 10.45 Supersport Race - 4 laps, 13.15 Sidecar Race B
- 3 laps
- Friday, 09.06. - 10.45 Senior TT Race - 6 laps, 14.oo Lap of Honour
and Classic Parade