Suzuki Set For Albacete 6 Hour Race - May 2nd 2007
News Archives | WSB
Results | British
Superbike Results | MotoGP Results |
Defending World Endurance Champions SERT are looking to take control of this year's series at this weekend's second round in Spain following their second place at the opening round at Le Mans in France.
GSX-R1000-mounted Vincent Philippe, Matthieu Lagrive and Julien Da Costa head a field of 42 teams - 20 permanent series competitors and 22 others - for the Albacete 6 Hours which starts at 18.00hrs on Saturday.
Suzuki Endurance Racing Team's second squad - who claimed victory at Le Mans - aren't entered so Suzuki's main rivals are likely to be Kawasaki France, Yamaha GMT 94 and Yamaha Austria.
Another notable entry for Albacete, which may pose a threat to the regular teams, is the Suzuka 8 Hour-winning FCC TSR Honda of Takeshi Tsujimura and Yoshiyuki Sugai. The privateers beat the factory Seven Stars Honda team at the prestigious Japanese event last year.
Practice and qualifying starts on Friday at 16.30 with two further night sessions before Saturday's final morning qualifying sessions.
Championship Points (after 1 round):
- 1: SUZUKI ENDURANCE RACING TEAM 2 (SUZUKI) 35
- 2: SUZUKI ENDURANCE RACING TEAM 1 (SUZUKI) 28
- 3: KAWASAKI MOTOR FRANCE (KAWASAKI) 22
- 4: YAMAHA GMT 94 (YAMAHA) 18
- 5: YAMAHA AUSTRIA RACING TEAM (YAMAHA) 15
- 6: JUNIOR TEAM SUZUKI LMS (SUZUKI) 14
- 7: ACROPOLIS MOTO EXPERT (YAMAHA) 13
- 8: TEAM LTG 57 (YAMAHA) 11
- 9: PHASE ONE ENDURANCE (YAMAHA) 10
- 10: TEAM 18 SAPEURS POMPIERS (SUZUKI) 8