2004 Aprilia MX 125
Significant work has been done in terms of aesthetics
by the APRILIA designers, who have especially created
a brand-new front section for the MX 125, made up
of the new generation mudguard, front fairing and
transparent headlight; the ducts, the side panels,
the plate holder and the smaller and better connected
rear headlight, the aluminium handlebars and the modern
The MX 125 is a true supermotard, as demonstrated
by its trim and the riding position; the saddle, the
footrests (widened for better grip), the suspension,
the brakes and the 17" spoke wheels make the MX 125
a winning supermotard.
The braking system on the APRILIA Supermotard is
extremely powerful for a 125 cc bike: a 320 mm front
disk with floating two-pot calliper, and a 220 mm
rear disk, also with floating calliper. The 40 mm
upside-down telescopic fork features a wheel travel
of 260 mm. The rear end features an adjustable single
hydraulic shock absorber with piggy back (able to
guarantee uniform operation); the wheel travel is
The main technical development in the creation of
the Supermotard involves the wheels. In the case of
the MX 125, the new components include aluminium spoke
rims, 3.00" x 17 at the front and 4.25 x 17 at the
rear. As a consequence, the tyres chosen are the large
110/70-17" and 150/60-17" road wheels, on the front
and rear respectively.
The MX 125 engine is well known to 125 cc bike enthusiasts
and experts, the superlative APRILIA liquid cooled
engine, with balancing countershaft. The cylinder
has a nickel and silicon carbide coating, which can
deliver high power while ensuring long piston life.
The exhaust is made from stainless steel, with built-in
catalytic converter. An "absorption" type stainless
steel silencer is used, for better noise abatement.
All naturally in compliance with the upcoming Euro
2 emission standards. Lubrication is managed separately
using a mixer.
No corners have been cut in terms of the dashboard,
confirming the desire to create a versatile and practical
bike for everyday use: the MX 125 digital dash features
a new, innovative design, with all the functions required
for the sporting use of the bike, and not only. Instant
speed, maximum speed (recorded), average speed, odometer,
trip time, lap time, clock, flat battery signal, oil
in the mixer in reserve warning, service request signal.
All this plus the 5 lights for the blinkers, neutral
gear, low beam, high beam and the engine temperature/oil
The APRILIA MX 125 is dedicated to today's sixteen
year olds, for whom the scooter is no longer exciting,
lovers of the motorbike and the sporting ride, but
who find the exciting 125 sporting road bikes uncomfortable
and a little impractical. A versatile, high performance
Supermotard, yet sleek and light for everyday use.
Quality, performance, advanced components and an appealing
design are the keywords that describe this Aprilia
- Engine type - Single-cylinder, two-stroke, liquid
cooled. Reed intake into the cylinder. Balancing
- Fuel - Unleaded petrol.
- Bore and stroke - 54 x 54.6 mm.
- Capacity - 124 cc
- Compression ratio - 12:1
- Fuel injection - Dell'Orto PHBH 28 RD carburettor
- Ignition - Electronic with capacitive discharged.
- Starter - Kick starter
- Alternator - 12V - 85 W
- Lubrication - Separate mixer, with variable flow-rate
- Gear box - 6 speed.
- Clutch - Multiple disks in oil bath.
>li>Primary transmission - Helical tooth gears.
- End transmission - Chain.
- Frame - Closed-cradle split at the level of the
exhaust, made from high tensile tubular steel
- Front suspension - 40 mm upside-down telescopic
fork, wheel travel 260 mm.
- Rear suspension - Aluminium swinging fork with
rectangular cross-section, fitted on frictionless
bushes, single hydraulic shock absorber with piggy
back, wheel travel 280 mm
- Brakes - Front.: 320 mm disk with floating parallel
- Rear - 220 mm disk, floating calliper with single
- Rims - Aluminium, front: 3.00" x 17"; rear: 4.25"
- Tyres - Front: 110/70 x 17"; rear: 150/60 x 17"
- Dimensions - Max length: 2180 mm
- Max width at the handlebars - 880 mm (930 with
- Max height - 1205 mm
- Saddle height - 890 mm
- Minimum free height from ground - 290 mm
- Wheelbase - 1500 mm
- Tank capacity - 11 litres (1.5 litre reserve)
- Exhaust system - Euro 2 emissions
- Colours available - Matrix black
- Stand - Side.