2004 Aprilia Pegaso 650
The PEGASO's overall styling remains unchanged.
Here is one style that is destined to last and
maintain the winning characteristics of this
exceptional motorcycle. The design is aerodynamic
and modern; styling is essential and streamlined;
and the level of rider comfort and aerodynamic
protection sets the standard for this type of
motorcycle. Nor is the PEGASO's design just
skin deep. It is the result of extensive ergonomic
research, ensures perfect integration between
rider and machine, and allows touring accessories
like panniers, tank bags and top boxes to be
fitted without spoiling the bike's aerodynamic
efficiency and stylish lines.
Seat height has been kept as low as possible
to make the PEGASO 650 i.e. easy to ride even
for shorter riders who can still achieve solid
foot contact with the ground.
Two colour variants, Flamingo Red and Pearly
The engine is a single cylinder unit with 5
radial valves and liquid cooling. Its advanced
Sagem electronic fuel injection system is specially
designed for maximum flexibility and riding
The PEGASO's electronic injection system uses
two injectors (one for each inlet) and a crankshaft
position sensor with a resolution of only 10
degrees of crank rotation. This system gives
far better control over the engine and delivers
a far more fluid response especially at low
revs. The new injectors also help reduce emissions
(which are well under the legal limit) and incorporate
a patented Sagem injected fuel flow control
system. The multi-point electronic injection
system uses a sophisticated set of sensors (crankshaft,
engine, air intake temperature, air intake filter
box pressure, coolant temperature, and throttle
position) to ensure perfect control over the
injection of the air-fuel mix and maximum smoothness
and consistency in power delivery.
The fuel injection control unit recognises
throttle opening and closing movements and the
Dynamic Ignition Advance Control (DIAC) System
varies injection and ignition parameters to
keep power delivery as smooth as possible.
Other important features of this sophisticated
- a high inertia generator that helps smooth
out torque and make the engine even more fluid
- a fall sensor, which interrupts the flow
of fuel and turns off the engine in the event
of a fall or accident.
The air box is equipped with air pressure
and temperature sensors and the throttle bodies
control a double intake manifold of 34 mm
in diameter. These technical solutions improve
fluidity, torque and power at low revs, as
well as increasing maximum torque.
The two in one in two exhaust system has
also been improved to reduce noise without
penalising performance. The exhaust is fitted
as standard with a catalytic converter and
emissions lie well within Euro 1 limits.
The PEGASO 650 i.e. uses a Ø 45 mm Marzocchi
hydraulic action telescopic fork for the best
possible combination of easy riding, braking
control and smoothness over rough surfaces.
The Sachs rear monoshock is adjustable in
rebound and pre-load, and is calibrated for
maximum comfort and all-round functionality.
The Brembo front brake features a 300 mm
stainless steel disk and floating calliper
with twin 32 mm pistons. Freudenberg brake
lines ensure the same high standards of indeformability
under pressure as metal braided lines.
The Brembo rear brake features a 220 mm stainless
steel disk and calliper with 34 mm piston.
The complete braking system is optimised for
maximum efficiency, stopping power, instant
action and responsive feel.
All the components on the Aprilia PEGASO
650 i.e., as on all Aprilia machines, are
of the very highest order and top quality.
In particular, the 2003 PEGASO is fitted with:
- specially designed rubber engine mountings
to eliminate jerks at low revs
- elegant, rational, and fully functional
electrical controls on the handlebars
- multi-focal headlight with 55 W bulb for
perfect visibility under even the most critical
- comprehensive, easy to read instrument cluster.
In terms of product quality the Aprilia PEGASO
650 i.e. has raised even further the extremely
high standards that have already established
Aprilia as market leader. And quality means
not only product quality but above all else
quality of design, as ISO 9001 certification
of all phases of the production cycle clearly
The PEGASO 650 i.e. is a single cylinder
motorcycle with a passion for travel. To enhance
its touring talents, Aprilia is offering a
range of dedicated accessories, manufactured
with the same high technology that goes into
all Aprilia products. The PEGASO accessories
- Tank bag
- X-Box 50 litre top box complete with mounting
- Panniers complete with mounting rack
- Centre stand
- Aprilia Body-Guard armoured cable lock
- Engine type - Single-cylinder four-stroke,
with anti-vibration countershaft, light alloy
cylinder, barrel with Gilnisil coating, catalysed
- Fuel - 95 RON lead-free
- Cooling - Liquid cooling with separate radiator
and expansion tank and three-way thermostatic
valve with electric fan.
- Bore and stroke - 100 x 83 mm
- Displacement - 651.8 cc
- Compression ratio - 9.1 : 1
- Valve timing - Double overhead cam with
chain timing drive, five radial valves (3
inlet and 2 exhaust)
- Max. power at crankshaft - 47 HP (35 kW)
at 6500 r.p.m.
- Max. torque at crankshaft - 5.90 kgm ( 58
Nm) at 4500 r.p.m.
- Fuel injection - Integrated electronic engine
management system. Indirect multi-point electronic
injection. 34 mm throttle bodies.
- Ignition - Electronic, controlled by injection
control unit. Dynamic Ignition Advance Control
(DIAC) system for electronic control of variable
- Starter - Electric starter
- Lubrication - Dry sump with two trochoidal
- Gearbox - 5 speed, transmission ratios:
- 1st - 12/33
- 2nd - 16/28
- 3rd - 16/21
- 4th - 22/23
- 5th - 24/21
- Clutch - Multiple disk in oil bath
- Primary drive - Straight toothed gears,
- Final drive - Chain; transmission ratio:
- Frame - Sloping aluminium twin-spar frame,
with steel box section oil tank at the front
- Front suspension - Marzocchi ? 45 mm telescopic
fork, wheel travel 170 mm.
- Rear suspension - Variable section high
strength steel swing-arm; Aprilia Progressive
System (APS) linkage. Sachs hydraulic monoshock
with adjustable rebound and preload.
- Wheel travel - 165 mm.
- Brakes - Front: Brembo stainless steel disk,
300 mm. Floating calliper with two 32 mm pistons
- Rear - stainless steel disk, ? 240 mm.
- Wheels - Spoked wheels with aluminium rims
- Front - 2.15 X 19"
- Rear - 3.00 X 17"
- Tyres - Front: 100/90-19
- Rear - 130/80-17 alternative 140/70-17
- Battery/Electrical system - 12V - 14 AH/280
- Dimensions - Maximum length: 2,180 mm
- Maximum width - 880 mm (at handlebars)
- Maximum height - 1,260 mm (at windshield)
- Seat height - 817 mm
- Wheelbase - 1,480 mm
- Trail - 111 mm
- Steering angle - 28.4°
- Tank Capacity - 21 litres, 4.5 litre reserve
- Colours - Flamingo Red, Pearly Grey
- Accessories - Tank bag, X-BOX 50 litre top
box complete with mounting rack, side panniers
complete with mounting rack, centre stand,
Aprilia Body-Guard armoured cable lock 25
kW version. The Pegaso 650 i.e. is also available
in a 25 kW restricted version.