2004 Aprilia Pegaso Tuscany
The Pegaso's engine is still the world's most
sophisticated production single, thanks to its
five radial valve head and fuel injection system
with two 34 mm throttle bodies and one injector
System management is fully electronic and based
on a sophisticated network of sensors (crankshaft,
engine, air intake temperature, air intake filter
box pressure, coolant temperature, and throttle
position) that ensures perfect control over
the injection of the air-fuel mix as well as
maximum smoothness and consistent power delivery.
These solutions not only optimise delivery,
torque and power at low engine speeds; they
increase maximum torque at the same time.
The fuel injection control unit recognises
throttle opening and closing movements and the
Dynamic Ignition Advance Control (DIAC) System
varies injection and ignition parameters to
keep power delivery as smooth as possible.
Other important features of this sophisticated
- a high inertia generator that helps smooth
out torque and make the engine even more fluid
- a fall sensor, which interrupts the flow
of fuel and turns off the engine in the event
of a fall or accident.
The two in one in two exhaust system has
also been improved to reduce noise without
penalising performance. The exhaust is fitted
as standard with a catalytic converter and
emissions lie well within Euro 1 limits.
The suspension setup of the Tuscany-Tibet
is completely new and reflects the total use
of this special machine. The Tuscany-Tibet
features a 45 mm Marzocchi hydraulic fork
that is 26 mm longer than on the basic Pegaso,
raising the riding position for easier and
safer control over rough surfaces. The fork
is specially calibrated to achieve the best
possible compromise between ease of riding,
control under braking and smooth bump absorption
over rough ground. Wheel travel is also longer
at 175 mm.
The rear monoshock is brand new too and 25
mm longer to raise the rear of the bike. It
is also adjustable in spring preload and rebound.
Preload can even be adjusted without getting
off the bike using a conveniently located
knob that provides quick and easy setup adjustment
to match different load conditions and riding
styles. The standard setup is designed for
maximum comfort and versatility. To ensure
excellent grip even off road, the Pegaso Tuscany-Tibet
is fitted with homologated knobbly tyres.
The Brembo front brake features a 300 mm
stainless steel disk and floating calliper
with twin 32 mm pistons. The rubber brake
line features new inside tubing that gives
better feel and more controlled braking on
difficult, loose surfaces.
>p>The Brembo rear brake features a 220 mm stainless
steel disk and calliper with 34 mm piston.
The entire braking system is optimised for
maximum efficiency, stopping power, instant
action and responsive feel under all riding
The Tuscany-Tibet is special in its components
and equipment too. The new, larger windshield
offers improved protection off-road and at
speed on the motorway.
The new seat, raised by 2 cm, gives a higher
riding position for easier control off-road
and for effortless movement between standing
and sitting position.
The handlebars now have a cross-member just
like on professional enduros to make it easier
to fit accessories and extra instruments (road
books, clocks, etc.).
The unstoppable travelling spirit of the
bike is further enhanced by the 30 litre top
box, the same luggage fitted to the Caponord
Rally-Raid to provide for safe storage of
All the components used on the Pegaso Tuscany-Tibet,
like those on any Aprilia, are the very best
available. In particular, this version of
the Pegaso is equipped with:
- specially designed rubber engine mountings
to eliminate jerks at low revs
- elegant, rational, and fully functional
electrical controls on the handlebars
- multi-focal headlight with 55 W bulb for
perfect visibility under even the most critical
- comprehensive, easy to read instrument cluster.
The Pegaso Tuscany-Tibet is a single cylinder
motorcycle with a passion for travel. To enhance
its touring talents, Aprilia is offering a
range of dedicated accessories, manufactured
with the same high technology that goes into
all Aprilia products. Just as for the standard
Pegaso, the accessories range for the Tuscany-Tibet
- Tank bag
- Panniers complete with mounting rack
- Centre stand
- Aprilia Body-Guard armoured cable lock
Aprilia PEGASO 650 i.e. - Technical Specifications
- Engine type - Single-cylinder four-stroke
with light alloy cylinder, liquid cooling
with three way pressurised circuit, double
overhead cam with chain timing drive, five
radial valves (3 inlet and 2 exhaust), anti-vibration
- Fuel - Lead-free petrol.
- Bore and stroke - 100 x 83 mm.
- Total displacement - 651.8 cc.
- Compression ratio - 9.1 : 1.
- Max. power at crankshaft - 35 kW (47 HP)
at 6,500 r.p.m..
- Max. torque at crankshaft - 5.90 kgm ( 58
Nm) at 4,500 r.p.m.
- Fuel injection - Integrated electronic engine
management system. Indirect multi-point electronic
injection. 34 mm throttle bodies.
- Ignition - Electronic, controlled by injection
control unit. Dynamic Ignition Advance Control
(DIAC) system for electronic control of variable
- Starting - Electric starter.
- Alternator - 12V - 280 W
- Lubrication - Dry sump with two trochoidal
- Gearbox - 5 speed. Transmission ratios:
- 1st - 12/33
- 2nd - 16/28
- 3rd - 16/21
- 4th - 22/23
- 5th - 24/21
- Clutch - Multiple disk in oil bath. Cable
- Primary drive - Straight toothed gears,
- Final drive - Chain; transmission ratio:
- Frame - Sloping aluminium twin spar frame,
with steel box section at the front acting
as oil tank.
- Front suspension - Marzocchi ? 45 mm telescopic
fork, wheel travel 175 mm.
- Rear suspension - Varying section high strength
steel swing-arm; Aprilia Progressive System
(APS) rising rate linkage. Sachs hydraulic
monoshock with adjustable rebound and preload.
- Wheel travel - 165 mm.
- Brakes, front - Brembo stainless steel disk,
? 300 mm. Floating calliper with two 32 mm
pistons. Freudenberg brake lines.
- Brakes, rear - stainless steel disk, ? 220
mm. Twin opposed piston calliper.
- Wheels - Spoked wheels with aluminium rims
- Front - 2.15 X 19".
- Rear - 3.00 X 17".
- Tyres, front - 100/90-19.
- Tyres, rear - 130/80-17.
- Maximum length - 2,180 mm.
- Maximum width - 880 mm (at handlebars).
- Maximum height - 1,320 mm (at windshield).
- Saddle height - 835 mm.
- Wheelbase - 1,487 mm.
- Trail - 115 mm.
- Steering angle - 28.7°
- Tank Capacity - 21 litres, 4.5 litre reserve.
- Accessories - Tank bag, side panniers complete
with mounting rack, centre stand, Aprilia
Body-Guard armoured cable lock.