2004 Honda CRF250X
- Auto decompression and hot restart system make
starting easy in all conditions.
- Compact, lightweight engine assembly weighs only
- Unicam(tm) valve train provides the light weight
of a compact single-cam drive and the optimum combustion
chamber shape for maximum power at all engine rpm.
- Unicam valve train features a carburized single
camshaft that directly actuates two 31mm titanium
intake valves. The camshaft exhaust lobe actuates
two 26mm steel exhaust valves via a forked, low-friction,
roller rocker arm.
- Lightweight titanium intake valves permit use
of smaller valve springs, reducing overall engine
- Unique, pin-rotation-type auto decompressor produces
a lightweight, compact system that provides superb
cold-starting and hot-restarting operation.
- Crankshaft is made of high-strength, low-carbon
steel with carburized main journals for maximum
durability at sustained high-rpm operation.
- ACG cover, clutch cover, cylinder head cover are
made of Magnesium to reduce the weight of engine.
- Forged compression slipper piston is lighter than
conventional design, revving quickly while maintaining
excellent cylinder sealing and high-rpm power.
- Double-carburized connecting rod utilizes a big-end
needle bearing for maximum high-rpm performance
- Nikasil(r) cylinder lining is lightweight and
provides cooler and quieter operation for extended
- Press-fitted spark plug pipe fits between forked
exhaust rocker arms, further contributing to compact
cylinder head design.
- 37mm FCR-type carburetor features four rollers
on the flat slide, resulting in very light throttle
effort, smooth operation, crisp throttle response
and excellent rideability.
- Carburetor features a Throttle Position Sensor
(TPS) that helps maintain a linear throttle response
throughout the range.
- An 8-bit digital CPU incorporates the Capacitive
Discharge Ignition (CDI), producing immediate data
calculation and extremely accurate ignition for
- Twin-sump lubrication system separates the oil
supply for the crankshaft, piston and valve train
from the clutch and transmission. This ensures a
cool supply of oil to the clutch, eliminates clutch
and transmission material contamination to the engine
oil, and reduces the amount of circulating oil and
the required size of the oil pump.
- Vertically split crankcases feature a built-in
oil pump, reducing weight compared to a conventional
- Exhaust system uses stainless steel exhaust header
and repackable aluminum muffler with stainless steel
- Dual radiators refined core area and the number
of core pipe to effective heat dissipation compared
to previous dual radiator design.
- Gear-driven balancer reduces vibration and drives
the water pump. Eight clutch plates provide the
surface area necessary to handle the engine's massive
torque, while carefully matched clutch springs provide
a light feel at the lever.
- Durable five-speed close-ratio transmission.
- Twin-spar aluminum frame is forth-generation design
derived from Honda's CR series. Main pipe section
and tapered down tube section were designed for
this new frame to optimize the frame rigidity. In
addition to this, tall swing arm pivot plates and
thin frame spars create a narrow overall frame cross-section
for superb rider comfort and maneuverability.
- CR's engine mounting method was adopted to this
bike to get to good compliance of CR's and a forged
aluminum steering head provides a compact and extremely
durable mount for the frame spars and engine down
- The aluminum frame design is matched to rider
ergonomics to maximize handling and control operation.
- CR-type swingarm features a dual-axis, double-taper
design with a large cast aluminum cross-member.
- CR-spec front and rear wheels feature HRC works-type
lightweight aluminum spoke nipples. Compared to
a conventional design, front wheel unsprung weight
is reduced by 100g. Together with a revised rear
wheel, hub and spoke design, rear wheel unsprung
weight is reduced 450g.
- Front wheel features large-diameter front axle
and wide wheel-bearing span for excellent rigidity.
- Rear axle diameter of 25mm and large-diameter
bearings provide significant rigidity to withstand
torturous track conditions.
- Lightweight, 47mm inverted Showa(r) twin-chamber
cartridge fork with aluminum dampers is derived
from the CR250R and features settings unique to
the CRF. The fork offers 315mm of travel, 16-position
rebound and 16-position compression damping adjustability.
The inner surface of front fork outer-tubes receive
same honing treatment as works bikes for lowfriction
- CR-type Pro-Link(r) single-shock rear suspension
system features a fully adjustable Showa rear damper
and 315mm of wheel travel, separate low-speed (13
positions) and high-speed (3.5 turns) compression
damping adjusters and 17-position rebound damping.
- Rear shock's damper piston diameter is 50mm for
consistent performance under demanding riding conditions.
- Compact dual-piston front brake caliper, anodized
aluminum brake pistons and lightweight front brake
disc minimize unsprung weight for improved turning
- HRC(r) works-type rear brake system integrates
the rear master cylinder and fluid reservoir, eliminating
the rear master cylinder reservoir and hose.
- Large, 240mm front and rear brake discs.
- All plastic parts (radiator shroud, side cover,
rear fender, seat, fuel tank.) have a brand new
design to offer comfortable riding position and
sharp impression. Rider ergonomics are optimized
by adapting the handlebar, the seat and the foot
peg height at the narrowest crosssection of the
frame, for improved comfort and handling feel.
- Frame design allows side covers to have larger
air-intake ducts, contributing to significant airflow
in the mid- and upper-rpm range.
- Seat cushion uses CR foam construction that follows
the shape of the fuel tank, providing a smooth transition
to increase rider mobility and comfort.
- Brake pedal and shift lever are designed to complement
the riding position. Brake pedal features optimized
ratio to match integrated rear-brake master cylinder
- New Renthal handlebars (971 Bend).
- Wide, cleated stainless steel foot pegs are self-cleaning,
resist corrosion, provide excellent grip and fold
for extra ground clearance.
- Cleated rear brake pedal and shift lever are made
of lightweight aluminum.
- Adjustable front brake lever.
- Adjustable clutch lever that was adopted by '04
- Quick clutch cable adjuster that was adopted by
'04 CR series.
- Handlebar is rubber-mounted to reduce rider fatigue
and improve comfort.
- CR handlebar holders provide three different mounting
positions: standard CRF250R holder (CR125R-type)
provides +/- 3mm fore or aft position to match rider
preference, and optional holder (CR250R-type) provides
- Works-type handlebar grips add to rider comfort.
- Seat cover design with large grip bumps for optimum
- Chain guide material offers improved wear resistance,
and service life is five times greater than conventional
- Front disc brake cover helps protect rotor and
caliper from damage.
- A muffler for 4-stroke machine has bigger inertia
moment and weight than a silencer of 2- stroke machine.
Therefore sub frame was refined to get more rigidity
to reduce the motion of the muffler. Pipe section
and pipe layout were brand new and forged parts
are adopted at the pipe-attached area. According
to annual specification, it was removable to allow
- Washable, two-stage foam air filter for optimal
engine protection and easy maintenance.
- Repackable silencer for maximum performance and
- New designed change pedal top for durability.
- Single end roving glass wool in the silencer for
- Comfortable, durable controls and high-quality
- Stainless steel clutch cable for long life.
- Honda Racing-inspired colours and graphics.
Specifications CRF250R (A-type)
- Engine Type - 249cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder
- Bore and Stroke - 78mm x 52.2mm
- Compression Ratio - 13.0:1
- Valve - Train SOHC; four-valve
- Carburation - Keihin 37mm flat-slide with throttle
- Max. Power Output - 25.9kW/11,000rpm
- Max. Torque 25.2N-m/8,500rpm
- Ignition - Solid-state CD with electronic advance
- Transmission - Close-ratio five-speed
- Final Drive -chain; 13T/51T
- Suspension - Front 47mm inverted Showa cartridge
fork with 16-position rebound and 16-position compression
damping adjustability; 315mm travel. Rear Pro-Link
Showa single shock with spring preload, 17-position
rebound damping adjustability, and compression damping
adjustment separated into low-speed (13 positions)
and highspeed (3.5 turns); 315mm travel
- Brakes, Front - Single 240mm disc with twin-piston
caliper, Rear - Single 240mm disc
- Tyres, Front - 80/100-21, Rear 100/90-19
- Wheelbase - 1,478mm
- Rake - (Caster Angle) 27.54°
- Trail - 112.2mm
- Seat Height - 953mm
- Ground Clearance - 349mm
- Dry Weight - 94.5kg
- Fuel Capacity - 7.4 litres
- Colour - Red
All specifications are provisional and subject
to change without notice.