2004 KTM 525
Powerful, however controllable - not a gram
too much and not a feature too little. Ready
for riding 105.8 kg. The ultimate whole shot
weapon. For those who really want to know what
it's all about.
- New Digi box leads to limited RPM 9800min-1.
- New crankshaft with more inertia (removable
additional weight) offers more traction and
- New single tube exhaust pipe, reshaped main
silencer, ovalised inner chamber for greater
torque (smaller and lighter like the 450 SX
- High specification chromoly frame features
reduced wall thickness at the frame loops
of the Racing models from 1.8 mm to 1.5 mm
contribute to lower overall weight (total
frame weight now less than 9 kg).
- New forged parts work as linkage carrier
(in the swing arm and foot peg area).
- Reinforced steering head gusset plate for
- Swing arm pivot increased 2 mm to 17 mm
- 10 mm longer swingarm offers more traction
and more room for the rear wheel.
- Newly adjusted WP 48 mm USD fork features
three bushings - fork is more supple and offers
- Newly tuned WP PDS rear shock absorber.
- New, even lighter, perforated Brembo rear
- Lighter round holed high end brake disks
front and rear.
- New extra light 26 mm rear brake system
and integrated reservoir of the footbrake
- Excel rims with double-thickness spokes.
- Bridgestone M 59 and M 70 Tyres.
- Light, single-part plastic fender with integrated
side-panels sits on a new subframe that lowers
the rear end by 9 mm.
- All models seats have a new seat base for
rear fender, anchored by a single bolt located
underneath the seat.
- New larger air-filter box.
- New air filter carrier with triple mounting
pins for more reliability (2-stroke).
- 12 mm higher conified Renthal 608 handle
- Reduced master cylinder diameter (2-stroke:
9.5 mm instead of 10.5 mm; 4-stroke: 9.0 mm
instead of 9.5 mm) for a lighter clutch action
and more precision.
- Standard Dual-Component-Renthal-grips in
grey/orange with soft grip area and strong
- New decals for the spoiler and airbox cover.
- New frame guards.
- Engine - single cylinder, 4-stroke
- Displacement (cc) - 510.4
- Bore x stroke (mm) - 95 x 72
- Compression ratio - 11:1
- Starter - kick-starter
- Transmission - 4 gears
- Carburetor - Keihin MX FCR 41
- Control - 4 V / OHC with roller rocker lever
- Lubrication - pressure lubrication with
2 Eaton pumps
- Engine oil - 1,2 l Motorex Power Synt 4T
- Primary drive - 33 : 76
- Cooling - liquid cooled
- Clutch - wet multi-disc clutch, operated
- Ignition - Kokusan digital 4K-3A
- Frame - chromium molybdenum
- Subframe - aluminium
- Handlebar - tapered Renthal Ø 28 mm
- Front suspension - WP-USD 48/26 MA/PA
- Rear suspension - WP-PDS-DA shock absorber
- Suspension travel, front/rear - 300 / 335
- Front / Rear brakes - disc brakes 260 /
- Front / rear rims - 1.60 x 21"; 2.15 x 19"
- Front / rear tyres - 80/100-21"; 110/90-19"
- Transmission - 14:48
- Chain - X-ring chain 5/8 x 1/4"
- Main silencer - aluminum
- Steering head angle - 63.5°
- Wheel caster - 112 mm
- Wheelbase - 1481±10 mm
- Ground clearance (unloaded) - 380 mm
- Seat height - 925 mm
- Fuel capacity - approx. 7 litres
- Weight (ready to race, no fuel) - approx.