2004 MV Agusta F4 Ago
F4 AGO: THE LEGEND BECOMES BIKE
Giacomo Agostini and MV AGUSTA have created
the legend of motorcycling. A relationship born
in 1965 thanks to the intuition of Count Domenico
Agusta that saw in the youngster from Bergamo
a valid team mate that could support the unforgettable
Mike Hailwood. In reality, Agostini never played
that role but instead immediately imposed himself
to the eyes of the fans as the rising star of
A few months were sufficient to see him overcome
his team mate during the Nurburgring Gran Prix.
This victory, achieved on the most difficult
circuits of that time, marked the beginning
of an era that lasted seventeen years. A period
in which fourteen world titles were won by the
union Agostini-MV AGUSTA , ten victories in
the Tourist Trophy and over 250 victories. history.
But Agostini is not just the rider with most
victories in the history of motorcycling. Ago
is the ambassador of our sport and of MV AGUSTA
in the world.
His pleasant character and film star-like smile
and look enabled the man from Bergamo to gain
and maintain popularity all over the world.
From unbeatable rider to a star of the big screen,
from successful team manager (with the Cagiva
GP) to disputed television opinionis. Agostini
today also inspires the new F4 AGO, a motorcycle
destined to become a tribute to motorcycle history.
F4 AGO: A TRIBUTE TO HISTORY
The F4 Ago is a motorcycle of irresistible
attraction, dominated by technology and enriched
by prestigious components capable of offering
concepts recalling the feats of MV AGUSTA and
Giacomo Agostini. Coloured obviously in red
and silver and configured only as a single seater,
the bike represents an important chapter in
history to the eyes of the fans. The attention
is immediately focused on the presence of Agostini's
race number placed on a nostalgic yellow stickers
on the side fairings.
This is where the trip into the glorious past
of the invincible "record machines" of Agostini's
era and the insurmountable technical features
of today's MV AGUSTA begins. The rediscovered
historic brand placed triumphantly onto the
airbox is an invitation to ride.
The airbox is coloured obviously in red like
those used by Agostini, and is coated in precious
alcantara whilst boasting the F4 brand embroided
onto the upper cushion. From the riding position,
where anyone can easily find the correct settings
thanks to the new adjustable footrests, one
enjoys the most gratifying view possibly desired:
new rev counter with white background and blue
figures which includes Agostini's signature,
and on the steering head (which is painted in
sparkling titanium like all the other parts
in aluminium) an18kt gold plate, personalized
for every single client with their name and
motorcycle's serial number. From this angle
it is still possible to distinguish the red
that emerges from the frame in memorial of the
grand prix motorcycles.
In this Italian motorcycle-rider union, it's
worthwhile mentioning the tricolore that has
a proud place on the single seater tailend,
where the identifying logo of this spectacular
MV AGUSTA creation is found.
The five hundred owners that have the privilege
of sharing the emotion of owning an F4 AGO will
receive a precious kit created for this model,
a certificate of authenticity signed by Giacomo
Agostini to guarantee consumer protection for
this limited edition..
The F4 AGO is created with the objective of
positioning itself at the highest level of the
MV AGUSTA 2003 range. For this reason, the motorcycle
is enriched in the chassis department by exclusive
accessories aimed at optimising the dynamic
characteristics offered by the new Evolution
engine which has 146 hp.
The principal modifications are:
- The new design Marchesini wheels in forged
- Single block "Nissin Racing" six piston
- Front disc brakes (310mm) with aluminium
flange (derived from the Serie Oro).
- Marzocchi 50mm fork embellished by the titanium
- Sachs Racing shock absorber with double
adjustment for compression. (high and low
The F4 AGO, like the SPR is equipped with
the most powerful engine of the F4 range.
Derived from the EV engine, it differs by
- New inlet and exhaust ducts (geometry and
- New inlet and exhaust profiles (greater
lift and duration).
- New timing buckets with new surface treatment
- New springs for inlet valves.
- New Mahle pistons.
- Increased compression ratio.
- Reinforced clutch (discs with different
trim and material).
- Close ratio gearbox with new longer first
- Three different final ratios homologated
(15/37, 38, 39).
- Rev limiter at 13,900rpm.
The engine of the AGO, like SPR and the S
EVO3, gets the external painting of the following
- Clutch cover painted in MV AGUSTA grey.
- Sprocket cover painted in MV AGUSTA grey.
- Phonic wheel cover painted in MV AGUSTA
Design and equipment:
The distinguishing features of the F4 AGO
- Graphics of historical inspiration.
- Yellow number plate
- Historical MV AGUSTA logo on the tank
- Front mudgard, tank protection and single
seater with the "tricolore" logo
- Ago logo
- Grills placed in the fairing outlets.
- Frame coloured in red.
- Seat in red alcantara with the F4 brand
embroided on the upper cushion.
- Adjustable footrests obtained by single
Sparkling titanium painting on:
- Handlebar balancer
- Swingarm support plates
- Single-sided swingarm.
Titanium shining treatment for:
- Marchesini wheels
- Steering plates
- Adjustable footrests optioned by single
- Saddle support frame
- "Organ pipe" silencers
- Gold plate on the steering head which indicates
the serial number and the Ago's signature
- Instrumentation with stopwatch function
inserted in the display and rev counter white
background and blue figures bearing Giacomo
KIT carbon fibre comprising of:
- Front mudguard
- Ignition switch cover
- Left and right side panels for the airbox
- Rear chainguard protection
- Lower chainguard protection
- Left and right inlet ducts
The exclusive kit of AGO:
- Titanium exhaust outlet manifolds
- Ago Corsa" open silencers complete with
- Rear sprocket z37 e z39
- Bike cover AGO style
- Rear workstands
- Grip cover set
- MV Agusta overall
- Official Catalogue of MV Agusta Special
- Engine Type - Four cylinder, 4 stroke, 16
- Timing system - "D.O.H.C", radial valve
- Total displacement - 45.7 cu. in.
- Compression ratio - 13:1
- Starting - Electric
- Bore x stroke - 2.9 in. x 1.7 in.
- Max. horse power - r.p.m. (at the crankshaft)
- 107,3 Kw (146 HP) at 13000 - Lim. 13900
r.p.m. with AGO CORSA + Eprom
- Max. torque - r.p.m. - 8,2 Kgm at 11000
- Cooling system - Liquid cooled, water-oil
- Engine management system - "Weber Marelli"
1,6 M ignition - injection integrated system;
induction discharge electronic ignition,"Multipoint"
- Clutch - Wet, multi - disc
- Gear Box - Cassette gearbox; six speed,
- Primary drive - 47/81
- Gear ratio - Close ratio (n°3 final ratio
equipment), First gear: Speed* 15/37 90.9
mph 93.3 mph 95.8 mph at 13900 r.p.m., Second
gear: Speed* 16/33 108.7 mph 111.6 mph 114.6
mph at 13900 r.p.m., Third gear: Speed* 15/27
124.6 mph 127.8 mph 131.3 mph at 13900 r.p.m.,
Fourth gear: Speed* 19/30 142.0 mph 145.8
mph 149.7 mph at 13900 r.p.m., Fifth gear:
Speed* 23/33 156.3 mph 160.4 mph 164.8 mph
at 13900 r.p.m., Sixth gear: Speed* 18/24
168.2 mph 172.6 mph 177.6 mph at 13900 r.p.m.,
Final velocity ratio 15x39 15 x 38 15x37
- Voltage - 12 V
- Alternator - 650 W at 5000 r.p.m.
- Battery - 12 V - 9 Ah
- Wheelbase - 55.04 in.
- Overall length - 79.01 in.
- Overall width - 26.97 in.
- Saddle height - 31.10 in.
- Min. ground clearance - 5.12 in.
- Trail - 3.87 in.
- Dry weight - 413.6 lb
- Fuel tank capacity - 4.6 Brit. gal. ( reserve
fuel: 0.88 Brit. gal. )
- Maximum speed* - 177.6 mph
- Frame - Type - CrMo Steel tubular trellis
(TIG welded), Rear swing arm pivot plates:
material Aluminium alloy
- Front Suspension Type- "UPSIDE - DOWN" telescopic
hydraulic fork with rebound-compression damping
and spring preload adjustment. Rod dia. 1.97
in. with Titanium Nitride anti-friction treatment.
Travel on leg axis 4.65 in.
- Rear Suspension Type - Progressive, single
shock absorber with rebound and compression
(High speed / Low speed) damping and spring
preload. Single sided swing arm: materiale
Aluminium alloy. Wheel travel 4.72 in.
- Front brake - Double steel floating disc.
Flange: material Aluminium, disc dia.; caliper
piston number and dia. 12.2 in.; 6 with 0.89
in. dia.; 1.00 in. dia.; 1.19 in. dia.
- Rear brake - Single steel disc disc dia.;
caliper piston number and dia. 8.27 in.; 4
with 1.00 in. dia.
- Rim - Front: Material / size Forged aluminium
alloy 3,50 " x 17 ", Rear: Material / size
Forged aluminium alloy 5,50 " x 17 "
- Tyres, Front - 120/65 - ZR 17 (56 W), Rear
- 180/55 - ZR 17 (73 W) or 190/50 - ZR 17
- Fairing Material - Thermoplastic and carbon
MV Agusta Motorcycles is committed to the
constant improvement of our products.Therefore
the information and technical characteristics
of the vehicles are subject to change without
* = Top speed attained on closed course.