2004 MV Agusta F4SPR
F4 SPR: THE CULT OF SPEED
The SPR is, like the AGO, the fastest and most
powerful F4 750 cc of the MV AGUSTA 2004 range.
Created for the clientele that uses the motorcycle
mainly on tracks, the SPR is a synthesis of
a long tuning process to the Evolution engine.
The technical staff at MV AGUSTA designed a
new cylinder head, new inlet ducts, and redesigned
the combustion chamber. Also thanks to the new
"MAHLE" pistons, forged and with cooling oil
jets, the SPR engine reaches a stratospheric
threshold of the rev limiter at 13,900rpm.
A further and significant development involved
the primary transmission, now with shorter ratios,
equipped with a reinforced clutch. As a demonstration
of its racing spirit, the SPR comes with a close
ratio gearbox whilst having a long first gear
with respect to the EV03 model; this solution
in conjunction with the possibility to choose
three different final transmission ratios, allows
one to match the motorcycle's performance to
any type of track.
Those of whom will use the SPR on track may
further increase performance by adopting the
RG3 open exhaust, available as an optional.
On a vehicle conceived for such an extreme
use, much attention has been directed towards
weight reduction, working not only on the engine
but also on many components concerning the bodywork.
In fact, numerous parts in carbon fibre are
evident: the front mudguard, the ignition system
cover, the upper and lower chainguard protections,
the carbon cover for inlet ducts and side panel
for air box Apart from their inherent properties
of light weight and mechanical resistance, these
give greater product value to the aesthetics.
Even the graphical choices underline the "racing"
philosophy of this model. The SPR is available
only in opaque black enriched by unique graphical
details aimed at underlining the more impressive
performance and sports characteristics.
The F4 SPR represents the maximum expression
in performance terms of the 750 cc MV AGUSTA.
For this reason, the motorcycle has been enriched
in the chassis department by top quality accessories:
- Marzocchi forks with 50mm legs embellished
by a titanium nitride treatment.
- Sachs Racing shock absorber with double
adjustment for compression.
The F4 SPR is equipped with the most powerful
engine of the F4 range. Derived from the EV
engine, it differs by the following:
- New inlet and exhaust ducts (geometry and
- New inlet and exhaust profiles (greater
lift and duration).
- New inlet ducts hand polished
- New timing buckets with new surface treatment.
- New springs for inlet valves.
- New Mahle Racing pistons.
- Increased compression ratio (13:1).
- Reinforced clutch (discs with different
trim and material).
- Close ratio gearbox with new longer first
- Three different final ratios homologated
(14/37, 38, 39).
- Rev limiter at 13,900rpm.
The engine of the SPR, like the AGO and the
S EVO3, gets the external painting of the
- Clutch cover painted in MV AGUSTA grey.
- Sprocket cover painted in MV AGUSTA grey.
- Phonic wheel cover painted in MV AGUSTA
Design and equipment
The distinguishing features of the F4 SPR
- Racing graphics.
- Grey leather seat with the F4 brand embroided
on the upper cushion.
- New design adjustable footrests.
- Wheels coloured aluminium silver.
- SPR plate placed on the steering head.
- Instrumentation with stopwatch function
inserted in the display, and rev counter with
white background and SPR logo.
KIT carbon fibre comprising:
- Front mudguard
- Lower chainguard protection
- Ignition switch cover
- Rear chainguard protection
- Right side panel for air box
- Left side panel for air box
- Left carbon cover for inlet ducts
- Right carbon cover for inlet ducts
The kit of SPR include the following equipment
- Rear workstands
- Grip cover set
- Rear sprocket z37 e z39