2008 Honda CBF600
The New Standard of the Mid-
Featuring a new compact and high-powered
CBR600RR-based engine, a lightweight new cast
aluminium frame and light, sporty new styling, the new
2008 CBF600 charges to the front of
the mid-displacement Naked class with a lithe new look,
stronger performance and crisp, sporty handling that
combine to accentuate the limitless joys of riding.
The CBF’s timeless European styling and slim, adjustable
riding proportions are designed to ‘just fit’ an even wider
range of riders, providing long-distance riding comfort
and confidence-inspiring performance on every road it
travels. With its more exhilarating power delivery,
smoothly responsive handling and choice of faired or
naked versions, the CBF600 boldly reasserts its position
as the perfect mid-sized riding machine for novices,
weekend motorcyclists, returnees to the sport or anyone
looking to rediscover the fundamental pleasure of
New and more exciting in every way, the totally revamped
CBF600 features the latest in engine and frame design
for a lighter, more inviting form, smoother, more
accommodating performance and an always friendly
disposition that offers the best fit for a wide range of
riders and riding styles.
New Styling Features
• New lighter sculpted form gives impression of having
been cut with a sharp knife, with new indents contributing
to enhanced high-speed control.
• New air management ports under sides of tank and
side cowl draw air out from inside to deflect air around
rider for both enhanced comfort and lighter, easier
changes of direction.
• Instrument panel features new HISS, ABS, FI
indicators on left and new fuel gauge on right.
• Fuel tank capacity increased by 1 litre to 20 litres for
extended touring range.
• New seat design features smoother, more rounded
and more narrow frontal area for increased comfort,
especially for shorter riders. New seat foam also helps
reduce long-term riding fatigue.
• 3-position adjustable seat features all-new mounting
hardware with new mounting positions and new rubber
dampers to minimise vibration.
• New dogleg levers feature easier, more comfortable
• New chipping guard under forward section of seat
cowl protects rear damper from road grime.
• New Pearl Nightstar Black, Pearl Siena Red and
Quasar Silver Metallic colour variations.
New Performance Features
• Lighter, more compact and higher-revving new fuelinjected
600cc engine derived from that powering
the 2007 CBR600RR and CB600F Hornet, but retuned
for a more comfortable balance of performance and
• Lighter engine weight realises stronger performance
potential, with a focus on enhanced low-rev power that
offers easier control for beginners and women.
• Engine power, performance, fuel economy and
exhaust emissions all improved over current model.
• Stronger low-rev engine power and torque eases
starts, with no stalling even when starting out at idle.
• Transmission 3rd, 4th & 5th gear ratios shortened for
• Shift pedal linkage position changed for improved shift
• Exhaust note tuned for deeper, more impressive
• New, higher-capacity radiator carried over from
• New 300-cell catalyser and O2 sensor integrated into
front section of stainless steel silencer, ensuring full
conformity with EURO-3 emissions regulations.
• All-new gravity die-cast aluminium Mono-Backbone
frame based on 2007 Hornet achieves lighter weight and
• Stronger seat rail construction accommodates
mounting of panniers and top box mounting, etc.
• Lighter frame and engine keep vehicle weight under
that of current model, even with addition of HECS3
• Front fork features new adjustable preload.
• 46mm longer box-section steel swingarm and 4mm
longer wheelbase contribute to enhanced high-speed
control, particularly under fully loaded conditions.
• New Combined-ABS version features 3-piston front
brake callipers optimised for Performance Naked riding
characteristics, like 2007 Hornet.
• ABS tuned for smoother, more reassuring operation.
• New lightweight 6-point floating disc brake rotors.
• Centrestand pivot and foot tang repositioned for
increased leverage and easier operation.
Liquid-cooled 4-stroke 16-valve DOHC
Displacement - 599.3cm³
Bore x Stroke - 67 x 42.5mm
Compression Ratio - 11.6 : 1
Max. Power Output - 57kW / 10,500min-1 (95/1/EC)
Max. Torque - 59Nm / 8,250min-1 (95/1/EC)
Idling Speed -1,300min-1
Oil Capacity - 3.5 litres
Carburation - PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
Throttle Bore - 32mm
Aircleaner - Dry, cartridge-type paper filter
Fuel Tank Capacity -
20 litres (including 4-litre warning light
Ignition System -
Computer-controlled digital transistorised
with electronic advance
Ignition Timing - 4° BTDC (idle) ~ 60° BTDC (12,000min-1)
Sparkplug Type - CR8EH-9 (NGK); U24FER-9 (DENSO)
Starter - Electric
Battery Capacity - 12V / 8.6AH
ACG Output - 333W
Headlights - 12V, 60W x 1 (low) / 55W x 1 (high)
Clutch - Wet, multiplate with coil springs
Clutch Operation - Mechanical; cable-actuated
Transmission - 6-speed
Primary Reduction - 2.111 (76/36)
Gear Ratios - 2.750 (33/12),
2; 1.938 (31/16),
3; 1.556 (28/18),
4; 1.304 (30/23),
5; 1.150 (23/20),
6; 1.042 (25/24)
Final Reduction - 2.625 (42/15)
Final Drive - O-ring sealed chain
Type - Mono-backbone; gravity die-cast aluminium
Dimensions - 2,160 x 765 x 1,110mm
Wheelbase - 1,490mm
Caster Angle - 26°
Trail - 110mm
Turning Radius - 2.8m
Seat Height - 785mm (± 15mm)
Ground Clearance - 130mm
Kerb Weight -
213kg (F: 103kg; R: 110kg), *218kg (F:105kg; R: 113kg)
Max. Carrying Capacity - 195kg
Loaded Weight -
417kg (F: 144kg; R: 273kg), *417kg (F:144kg; R: 273kg)
Type Front - 41mm telescopic fork, 120mm axle travel
Monoshock damper with 7-step adjustable
preload, 125mm axle travel
Type Front - U-section twin 6-spoke cast aluminium
Rear - U-section twin 6-spoke cast aluminium
Rim Size Front - 17M/C x MT3.50
Rear - 17M/C x MT5.00
Tyre Size Front - 120/70 ZR17M/C (58W)
Rear - 160/60 ZR17M/C (69W)
Tyre Pressure Front - 250kPa
Rear - 290kPa
Type Front -
296 x 4.5mm dual hydraulic disc with dualpiston
(*Combined three-piston) callipers,
(*ABS) and sintered metal pads
240 x 5mm hydraulic disc with (*Combined)
single-piston calliper, (*ABS) and sintered
* Combined ABS version
All specifications are provisional and subject to change without notice.