2008 Honda VT750C Shadow
Timeless Cruising Enjoyment
With a new fuel injections system ensuring easier starts,
smoother, more responsive performance and better
compatibility with the environment, the new VT750C
Shadow makes complete riding enjoyment much more
easily accessible to a wider range of riders, from relative
newcomers to more experienced souls rekindling an old
love affair with the road. The new Shadow’s attractive
retro styling is highlighted by plush saddle-type seat,
a more comfortably swept set of handlebars and a new
dual shotgun exhaust system that delivers an inspiring
throb of sound and feeling for the perfect
accompaniment to any time spent in its saddle. All
beautifully comes together in Honda’s latest generation
750cc class V-twin Custom for the best fit and best
styling at the best value money can buy.
The new VT750C Shadow hits the street with timeless
style and relaxing comfort, loaded for fun on the street
with a host of impressive new features that boost its
performance, riding enjoyment and lasting appeal.
• New, larger 14.6-litre fuel tank capacity (from 14.0
litres), same as Shadow Spirit.
• Larger fuel tank combines with better economy for
approximate 32km longer touring range.
• Newly designed instrument panel with relocated
indicators mounted on fuel tank. Yellow low fuel indicator
mounted on upper triple-tree.
• New shape handlebars with custom-looking cast
• New handlebars reposition grips 16mm forward,
17mm up and 26mm closer together with more relaxed
angle. New position provides more natural hand angle for
easier control coupled with improved low-speed
• Only front and rear fenders, seat and swingarm same
as before. All else changed.
• Deeply valanced front and rear mudguards feature
distinctive ‘aero’ lines.
• Saddle-type solo rider’s seat is one of the lowest and
most comfortable in its class.
• Prominent, chrome-plated tank-mounted instrument
panel with large, easy-to-read speedometer.
• Slimline high-capacity radiator integrated between
frame downtubes for a clean and stylish look that seems
to disappear from view when seen from the side.
• New Graphite Black and Candy Glory Red/Classical
White two-tone colour variations.
• Strong and responsive liquid-cooled 52° V-twin
engine same as Shadow Spirit, with long-stroke singlepin
crankshaft for impressive feeling of power.
• Classic Honda V-twin engine features new PGM-FI
fuel-injection system with single 34mm throttle body,
dual injectors and IACV (Idle Air Control Valve) for
smoother, stronger and more responsive performance,
better fuel economy and lower emissions.
• New dual mufflers same as Shadow Spirit, providing
dynamic looks and an exhilarating sound with
the enhanced engine pulse feel and sound of
a staggered exhaust.
• Dual exhaust system features built-in 300-cell
catalyser elements and oxygen sensors for low
emissions that meet EURO-3 regulations.
• Smooth-shifting five-speed transmission.
• Clean, quiet and maintenance-free shaft drive.
• Large-diameter 296mm front disc brake moved from
left side to right, same side as exhaust system for
enhanced balance of weight and gyroscopic effect,
resulting in enhanced steering neutrality and stability.
• New fuel injection and emissions control system
increases weight slightly, though new dual exhaust is
actually lighter than earlier 2-into-1 system.
• Low-slung double-cradle steel frame with largediameter
single tube backbone and pressed steel pivot
• Shrouded 41mm hydraulic front fork comfortably
soaks up the bumps while providing confident control in
virtually all riding situations.
• Dual conventional dampers deliver compliant riding
• Large 120/90–17 front and 160/80–15 rear tyres grab
attention while providing an easy-handling ride.
• Responsive 180mm leading/trailing shoe rear drum
• Honda Ignition Security System (HISS) effectively
deters rideaway theft.
• Extensive range of optional equipment available.
Liquid-cooled 4-stroke 6-valve SOHC 52° Vtwin
Displacement - 745cm³
Bore x Stroke - 79 x 76mm
Compression Ratio - 9.6 : 1
Max. Power Output - 33.5kW / 5,500min-1 (95/1/EC)
Max. Torque - 64Nm / 3,500min-1 (95/1/EC)
Idling Speed - 1,200min-1
Oil Capacity - 3.2 litres
PGM-FI electronic fuel injection with
Throttle Bore - 34mm
Aircleaner - Viscous, cartridge-type mesh net filter
Fuel Tank Capacity - 14.6 litres (including 3.5-litre reserve)
Ignition System - Fully transistorised electronic
Ignition Timing - 13° BTDC (idle) ~ 24° BTDC (5,500min-1)
Sparkplug Type - DPR7EA-9 (NGK); X22EPR-U9 (ND)
Starter - Electric
Battery Capacity - 12V / 14AH
ACG Output - 399W
Headlights - 12V, 55W x 1 (low) / 60W x 1 (high)
Clutch - Wet, multiplate with coil springs
Clutch Operation - Mechanical; cable-actuated
Transmission - 5-speed
Primary Reduction - 1.763 (67/38)
Gear Ratios - 2.400 (36/15),
2; 1.550 (31/20),
3; 1.174 (27/23),
4; 0.960 (24/25),
5; 0.852 (23/27)
Final Reduction - 3.091 (34/17)
Final Drive - Enclosed shaft
Type - Double-cradle; steel tube
Dimensions - 2,510 x 920 x 1,125mm
Wheelbase - 1,640mm
Caster Angle - 34°
Trail - 160.9mm
Turning Radius - 3.2m
Seat Height - 658mm
Ground Clearance - 130.8mm
Kerb Weight - 256.3kg (F: 117.6kg; R: 138.7kg)
Max. Carrying Capacity - 180kg
Loaded Weight - 406.3kg (F: 140.5kg; R: 265.8kg)
Type - Front 41mm telescopic fork, 116mm axle travel
Dual conventional dampers with 5-step
adjustable spring preload, 90mm axle travel
Type Front - Steel rim/wire spoke
Rear Steel - rim/wire spoke
Rim Size Front - 17M/C x MT3.00
Rear - 15M/C x MT3.50
Tyre Size Front - 120/90 17M/C (64S)
Rear - 160/80 15M/C (74S)
Tyre Pressure Front - 200kPa
Rear - 200kPa (with passenger: 250kPa)
Type Front -
296 x 6mm hydraulic disc with dual-piston
calliper and sintered metal pads
Rear - 180mm leading/trailing drum
All specifications are provisional and subject to change without notice.