2009 Aprilia Mana 850 GT
A completely new approach to motorcycling, a new
way to ride a bike. This is the Mana 850, the bike
that has taken the world by storm, the result of Aprilia’s
futuristic technological competence and our courage
to believe in innovation. Sequential/automatic transmission,
radial brake calipers, helmet compartment, upside
down forks. The Aprilia Mana combines the best of
the biking world, also that of the sports bike, with
a matchless functional character. A real one-of-a-kind
in the motorcycling world, which couldn’t remain
the only one of its kind for long. Aprilia is proud
to announce the launch of the Mana 850 GT, a bike
that increases the range of use of the versatile Aprilia
The Mana 850 GT follows the evolution of a market
which becomes more and more demanding by the minute,
with new requirements in terms of mobility dictating
the need for means of transport able to meet these
requirements, and also make daily use and long trips
as pleasurable as possible.
The Mana 850 GT is designed to do just this: with
an elegant half-fairing perfectly integrated in the
lines of the bike to protect the rider and passenger
on long journeys making the bike ideal for tourism.
The adjustable windshield lets you adjust the level
of protection to suit your own particular needs.
Let’s look at the features of the Aprilia Mana
850 GT in greater detail:
- half-fairing with adjustable windshield;
- 90° V twin engine with four valves per cylinder,
Euro 3 homologated;
- sportgear transmission: electronically controlled
sequential gearshift offering two shift modes: seven
speed manual or Autodrive with three mappings: Touring,
Sport, and Rain;
- storage compartment with non-scratch lining,
large enough for a full-face helmet, with mobile
phone holder, toolkit & document holder, and
12V power socket ;
- under-seat fuel tank;
- brakes with radial calipers;
- 43 mm upside down fork;
- offset monoshock with spring preload and rebound
- steel trellis frame with single piece aluminium
- electronic fuel injection with single throttle
- latest generation two channel ABS system.
Thanks to these characteristics, the Mana 850 GT
is the most functional and complete bike on the market.
The half-fairing, in fact, makes the Mana 850 GT
unique, and lets you get the very best out of the
dynamic qualities of the V2 850 engine with Sportgear
transmission. A two-cylinder engine producing 76 HP
with a very flat torque curve giving you excellent
performance both in acceleration and at speed, the
perfect match for the on-the-road tourism soul of
the Mana 850 GT.
A bike that offers infinite possibilities, at the
press of a button on the handlebars the rider can
change from the sequential mode (seven gears controlled
from the handlebars or using the gear change pedal)
to autodrive mode. In this way, the Mana 850 GT adapts
perfectly to any type of route and riding style of
the owner, whether this is relaxed cruising or high-performance
road racing. What’s more the Rain mapping, with
an extremely smooth power delivery, provides excellent
assistance on wet and slippery roads.
The Mana 850 GT has the same technical base as the
Mana as well as the practical lit helmet compartment
in place of the traditional fuel tank. This solution
is possible thanks to the under-seat fuel tank which,
as well as lowering the centre of gravity, improving
the handling, offers a spacious compartment where
a traditional fuel tank normally goes. Only the Mana
comes with this sort of storage capacity.
The sophisticated chassis of the Aprilia Mana 850
GT makes the handling safe and relaxing on any road
surface. The robust steel tube trellis frame has a
single piece aluminium swingarm damped directly by
a monoshock, which can be adjusted both in preload
and extension. The spring preload on the Mana 850
GT can be adjusted with an external knob, perfect
for precise quick-and-easy adjustments to adapt to
your own particular riding style and bike’s
The 43 mm upside down fork has a superb sliding action
and the suspension setup is optimized for the new
weight distribution, ideal also for sports handling.
A wheel travel of 120 mm lets you tackle any type
of road without worries.
The most versatile bike on the market with the most
complete range of technical equipment.
But above all, the Mana 850 GT comes with a complete
- high-performance brakes with 320 mm front discs
and radial calipers, the only setup of its kind
in this category;
- 2-channel Continental ABS system of the latest
generation (standard) to increase braking safety
on difficult road surfaces, and avoid locking up
the brakes while also improving braking performance.
In fact, on the Mana 850 GT ABS riders can use all
the bike’s generous braking power in perfect
safety, also on slippery roads both on the straight
or in a curve;
- Autodrive transmission for No-stress riding even
in the rush hour;
- an agile bike quick to get away from the lights,
responsive and fast to get you out of any kind of
- Rain mapping to help avoid wheel spins on wet
Aprilia 850 GT Technical specifications
- Engine - Aprilia 90° longitudinal V twin four
stroke. Liquid cooled. Single overhead cam with
chain drive, four valves per cylinder.
- Fuel - Unleaded petrol.
- Bore x stroke - 88 x 69 mm
- Total displacement - 839,3 cc
- Compression ratio - 10:1
- Maximum power at crank - 56 kW (76.1 HP) at 8,000
- Maximum torque at crank - 7.45 kgm (73 Nm) at
- Fuel system - Integrated engine management system.
Weber Marelli electronic fuel injection with one
38 mm throttle body.
- Ignition - Digital electronic ignition, with
two spark plugs per cylinder, integrated with fuel
- Starting - Electric.
- Exhaust - Two in one system in 100% stainless
steel with three-way catalytic converter and Lambda
- Generator - 450 W at 6000 rpm.
- Lubrication - Dry sump with separate oil reservoir.
- Gearbox - Sequential with manual or automatic
mode selectable by the user. 7 gears in manual mode.
3 mappings (Touring, Sport, Rain) in Autodrive mode.
Gear change by pedal or handlebar control.
The user can switch from automatic to sequential
mode at any moment.
- Clutch - Automatic.
- Primary drive - Belt.
- Final drive - Chain.
- Frame - High strength steel trellis.
- Front suspension - 43 mm upside-down fork. Wheel
travel: 120 mm.
- Rear suspension - Aluminium alloy single-piece
swingarm. Hydraulic shock absorber adjustable in
spring preload and rebound damping. Wheel travel
- Brakes - Front: double stainless steel floating
disc (320 mm). Radial calipers with four pistons.
Rear: stainless steel disc (? 260 mm). Single piston
caliper. 2-channel Continental ABS system
- Wheels - Aluminium alloy. Front: 3.50 x 17".
Rear: 6.00 x 17".
- Tyres - Radial tubeless. Front: 120/70 ZR 17.
Rear: 180/55 ZR 17.
- Overall length: 2080 mm
- Overall width: 800 mm (at handlebars)
- Overal height 1,270 mm (1,320 mm at rear-view
- Seat height: 800 mm
- Wheelbase: 1,463 mm
- Trail: 103 mm
- Rake angle: 24°
- Tank capacity: 16 litres.