2009 Moto Guzzi Griso 8V Special
The Griso 8V SE is a Special Edition
machine for collectors from Moto Guzzi who designed
this version especially for the most demanding enthusiasts.
This bike can be recognised immediately from its “Tenni”
colour scheme, a beautiful shade of satinised green
that enhances the sweeping lines of the frame and
the unmistakeable architecture of the engine. The
level of finish on the Griso 8V SE will more than
satisfy the most demanding enthusiast with features
that include a superb stitched leather saddle, beautiful
BER spoked wheels shod with Pirelli Scorpion intermediate
tyres not to mention the refined decorative colour-coordinated
logos of the bike’s initials. The modern transverse
V 90 twin-cylinder “Quattrovalvole” engine
puts out about 110CV at only 7500 rpm and power delivery
from the Griso 8V SE is silky smooth.
On the open road the rider really can
come to appreciate a frame that keeps all that horsepower
under control. The secret lies in the high-tensile
steel frame with twin upper supports whose design
owes little to aesthetics and much to sophisticated
engineering concepts that provide exceptional rigidity
under moments of extreme torsional stress. The frame
geometry had been carefully calculated to provide
stability with the steering angle set at 26° and
rake at 108 mm.
The wheelbase measures 1544 mm and the
Griso 8V SE is surprisingly manoeuvrable, even lightning
fast in changes of direction. These handling characteristics
are due to the low centre of gravity and a rock solid
off-set steering head that provides an immediate response
to pressure on the handlebars. Taking the perfect
line through a corner becomes second nature. The front
end is glued to the road thanks to upside-down forks
from racing stock. The 43 mm forks are adjustable
for rebound and compression. Other details include
the fabulous new Brembo brake system made up of P4/34
radial calipers that act on floating 320mm discs.
A Boge progressive suspension unit is fitted to the
rear and this too had three classic settings.
- Type :Four-stroke V 90 twin
- Cooling :Air and oil cooled with independent cooling
- Capacity :1,151cc
- Bore and stroke :95 x 81.2 mm
- Compression ratio :11 : 1
- Timing diagram :Intake valve opening 36° before
upper TDC. (play 1 mm) Intake valve closing 62°
after lower TDC.
- Exhaust valve opening 58° before lower TDC.
- Exhaust valve closing 30° after upper TDC.
measured with rocker arm/valve play of 1.5 mm
- Maximum power output :Over 80.8 kW (110 CV) at
- Max Torque :Over 108 Nm at 6,400 rpm
- Fuel supply/ignition :Multipoint sequential electronic
injection, Magneti Marelli IAW 5A phased, alfa-n
system; 2 x Ø50 mm throttle bodies with Weber
IWP 189 injectors, Lambda probe.
- Starter :Electric Spark plugs :NGK PMR8B (Long
- Exhaust system :Stainless steel two-into-one 3-way
catalysed with Lambda probe. Homologation :Euro
- Gearbox :6 speed
- Gear ratios :1st 17/38 = 1 : 2.235 :2nd 20/34
= 1 : 1.700 :3rd 23/31 = 1 : 1.348 :4th 26/29 =
1 : 1.115 :5th 31/30 = 1 : 0.968 :6th 29/25 = 1
- Lubrication :Oil bath
- Primary drive :Helicoidal gears, ratio 26/35 =
1 : 1.346
- Final drive :CA.R.C reactive drive; double universal
joint with floating bevel gear, ratio 12/44 = 1
- Clutch :Single plate with integrated flexible
- Frame :High tensile steel tubular twin cradle
- Wheelbase :1,554 mm
- Rake :108 mm
- Steering rake :26.30°
- Steering angle. :34°
- Front suspension :Upside down Ø 43 mm fully
adjustable forks (spring preload and hydraulic for
rebound and compression) with mounting for radial
- Front wheel travel :120 mm
- Rear suspension :Progressive single swingarm,
fully adjustable monoshock with separate gas reservoir
(spring preload and hydraulic for rebound and compression).
- Rear wheel travel :110 mm
- Front brakes :Twin floating 320 mm stainless steel
wave discs, radial calipers with 4 opposed pistons.
- Rear brakes :Single 282 mm fixed stainless steel
disc, floating caliper with 2 parallel pistons.
- Wheels :Tubeless with spokes
- Front wheel :3.50” x 17”
- Rear wheel :5.50” x 17”
- Front tyre :120/70 ZR17”
- Rear tyre :180/55 ZR17”
- Voltage :12 V Battery :12 V – 18 Ah
- Alternator :12 V – 550 W
- Length :2,260 mm
- Width :830 mm
- Height :1,070 mm
- Saddle height :800 mm
- Minimum ground clearance :185 mm
- Dry weight :222 kg
- Fuel tank capacity :16.7 litres
- Reserve :3.3 litres
Technical data specified above for the Moto Guzzi
Griso 8V S.E. may be changed without prior notice.