2009 Triumph Thunderbird
Triumph has unveiled the all-new Thunderbird
cruiser that will join the 2010 model line-up.
Designed to take on the best in the cruiser category,
combining sleek and modern custom styling with strong
performance and great dynamics, the Thunderbird delivers
an authentic cruiser experience in a uniquely Triumph
Triumph’s Thunderbird features
an all-new 1599cc parallel twin-cylinder motor with
six-speed gearbox and belt drive. The engine, with
a bore and stroke of 103.8 x 94.3mm, will develop
in excess of 75bhp in standard trim and produces more
than 100 lb/ft of torque.
The Thunderbird will be offered with
an extensive range of official accessories for riders
who wish to tailor the bike to their individual needs.
Whether they want a stripped-down and chromed-up hot
rod with muscular performance or a fullydressed classic
style custom-tourer for two-up touring, Triumph’s
accessory range lets the rider customise the Thunderbird
to their individual tastes. An ABS option will also
Full specifications will be available
at a later date, with the bike expected to arrive
in showrooms in the summer of 2009.
- Engine type - Liquid-cooled, DoHc, parallel twin,
270º firing interval
- capacity - 1599cc
- Bore/Stroke - 103.8 x 94.3mm
- fuel System - Multipoint sequential electronic
fuel injection with Sai, progressive linkage on
- final Drive - toothed belt
- clutch - Wet, multi-plate
- Gearbox - 6-speed constant mesh, helical type.
- frame - tubular steel, twin spine
- Swingarm - twin sided, steel
- Wheels - front; cast aluminium alloy 5-spoke
19 x 3.5 inch
- Rear; cast aluminium alloy 5-spoke 17 x 6 inch
- tyres - front; 120/70 R19
- Rear; 200/50 R17
- Suspension - front; Showa 47mm forks.
- Rear; Showa chromed spring twin shocks with 5
position adjustable preload.
- Brakes - front; twin 310mm fixed discs. nissin
4-piston fixed calipers
- Rear; Single 310mm fixed disc. Brembo 2-piston
- instrument - display/functions tank mounted instrumentation
with large speedo, integrated tacho and LcD display
with odometer, twin trip counters, range-to-empty
and clock. auto-cancelling indicators.
- Length - 2350mm (92.5 in)
- Width (Handlebars) - 947mm (37.2 in) (tBc)
- Height - 1216mm (47.9 in) (tBc)
- Seat Height - 702mm (27.6 in) (tBc)
- Wheelbase - 1641mm (64.6in)
- Rake/trail - 32°/151.3mm
- fuel tank capacity - 21 litres (5.5 gal US)
- Maximum power - in excess of 80bhp
- Maximum torque - in excess of 100ft.lbf