2010 Honda CRF250X
The incomparably fun and high-spirited
CRF250X combines light weight, strong, versatile power
confidently responsive handling in one of the finest
dirt bikes to be found in the world of off-road riding.
Hailed by magazines and serious off-road riders everywhere,
the remarkable CRF250X also features the easy dependability
of push-button electric starting, endurostyle lights
to extend your fun after the sun goes down, and the
strong, versatile performance of a motocross champion
that anybody can enjoy. One ride confirms: the CRF250X
pumps out more high-flying fun than you’ve ever
had in the dirt.
- Extreme Red (with White number plate and sidecovers)
Features and Benefits
- New Works-style front and rear brake rotors reduce
- New Dunlop 742FA front tyre for improved turning
feel and traction.
- New narrow-design fuel tank and seat for improved
- Push-button electric start system for easy start-ups
in all conditions.
- Ample 7.6-litre fuel tank capacity.
- Resettable, easy-to-read three-digit competition
- Spark arrester-equipped silencer complies with
all local fire and noise regulations.
- Exhaust emissions comply with all local regulations
for off-road motorcycles.
- Powerful 35-watt halogen headlight features innovative
lens design for wide range of illumination.
- Eye-catching LED taillight integrated into rear
- Convenient sidestand.
- Easy-access urethane foam air filter.
- Smooth-shifting wide-ratio 5-speed transmission.
- Suspension tuned for competitive off-road riding
- 18" rear wheel provides enhanced protection
against flat tyres.
- Powerful liquid-cooled, electric-start 249cm³
4-stroke 4-valve Unicam engine is designed to produce
strong power across a wide rev range for easy-to-control
- Unique Honda Unicam valve train provides both
the light weight of a compact single-cam design
optimum combustion chamber shape for maximum power
at all engine speeds.
- Unicam valve train features a single carburised
camshaft directly actuating two 31mm titanium intake
valves. The camshaft’s centre exhaust lobe
actuates two 26mm steel exhaust valves via a forked,
low-friction, roller rocker-arm.
- Electric starter drives the clutch side of the
crankshaft to provide superior lubrication of starter
gears, while making possible a narrow engine with
a short, strong crankshaft.
- Compact, lightweight engine assembly weighs only
- Magnesium ACG cover, clutch cover and cylinder
head cover reduce engine weight.
- Forged 12.9 : 1 compression slipper piston is
lighter than conventional designs, for quick-revving
response while maintaining excellent cylinder sealing
and high-rpm power.
- 37mm Keihin FCR-type carburettor features four
flat slide rollers for light throttle effort, smooth
operation, crisp throttle response and excellent
- Carburettor features throttle position sensor
(TPS) that helps maintain linear throttle response
the rpm range.
- Twin-sump lubrication system separates oil supply
to crankshaft, piston and valve train from supply
to clutch and transmission. This ensures a steady
supply of cool oil to the clutch, eliminates clutch
and transmission material contamination of the engine
oil, reduces the amount of circulating oil and permits
the use of a smaller oil pump.
- Exhaust system uses a lightweight stainless steel
exhaust header and muffler equipped with spark
- Dual radiators feature a refined core area for
improved heat dissipation compared to conventional
dual-radiator designs, and a compact coolant recovery
- Gear-driven balancer reduces vibration and drives
the water pump.
- Eight-plate clutch provides surface area necessary
to handle engine’s strong torque, while carefully
matched clutch springs provide a light feel at the
- T-ring-sealed chain is approximately 1.6mm narrower
and stronger than conventional chains.
- Durable 5-speed wide-ratio transmission.
- Fourth-generation twin-spar aluminium frame derived
from Honda’s CR series of championship motocrossers.
- Semi-double-cradle frame design features a single,
large-diameter tapered down-tube for optimised frame
rigidity, with two rugged box-section rails attached
to its base to support the engine. A forged aluminium
steering head provides a compact and extremely durable
mount for the frame spars and engine down-tube.
- Narrow frame spars and tall swingarm pivot plates
combine to create a narrow overall frame cross-section
for superb rider comfort and manoeuvrability.
- Lightweight, 47mm Showa inverted twin-chamber
cartridge-type fork with aluminium dampers is derived
from the CRF250R and features settings unique to
the CRF250X. The fork offers 280mm of travel, 16-step
rebound and 16-step compression damping adjustability.
The inner surfaces of the front fork outer tubes
receive the same honing treatment as Works bikes
for low-friction operation.
- Pro-Link rear suspension system features single,
fully adjustable Showa rear damper with newly revised
damper settings and 312mm of wheel travel, separate
low-speed (13-step) and high-speed (3.5 turns)
compression damping adjusters, and 17-step adjustable
- Large 50mm rear damper piston diameter provides
consistent performance under demanding riding
- Swingarm features a dual-axis, double-taper design
with a large cast aluminium cross-member offering
high strength and light weight.
- Front wheel features large-diameter front axle
and wide wheel-bearing span for excellent rigidity.
- 18" rear wheel features same lightweight
rear hub and lightweight HRC Works-type aluminium
spoke nipples as used on CRF250R for reduced unsprung
- Large, 25mm-diameter rear axle and large-diameter
bearings provide optimum rigidity and strength to
withstand torturous track conditions.
- Compact dual-piston front brake calliper, anodised
aluminium brake pistons and lightweight front brake
rotor minimise unsprung weight for improved turning
- Large, 240mm Works-type front and rear brake
- HRC Works-type rear brake system integrates the
rear master cylinder and fluid reservoir, eliminating
the need for a remote master cylinder reservoir
and hose assembly.
- All plastic body components (including radiator
shroud, side covers, rear fender, seat base, fuel
front fender, and front number plate) are designed
for slim, aggressive styling and light weight.
- Rider ergonomics optimised by adapting handlebar,
seat and footpeg height to place rider’s legs
at frame’s narrowest frame width for improved
comfort and handling feel.
- Rear brake pedal and shift lever made of lightweight
aluminium and designed to complement riding position.
Brake pedal features optimised ratio to match integrated
rear brake master cylinder design.
- Wide, cleated stainless steel footpegs are selfcleaning,
resist corrosion, provide excellent grip and fold
for extra ground clearance.
- Aluminium Renthal handlebar (971 bend) is rubbermounted
to reduce rider fatigue and improve comfort.
- Handlebar holders provide two different mounting
positions to match rider preference.
- Works-type handlebar grips add to rider comfort.
- Adjustable front brake lever.
- Quick-adjust clutch.
- Chain guide material offers improved wear resistance,
with five times longer service life than conventional
- Front disc brake cover helps protect rotor and
calliper from damage.
- Removable rear sub-frame allows easy maintenance.
- Washable, two-stage foam air filter for optimal
engine protection and easy maintenance.
- Comfortable, durable controls and high-quality
- Stainless steel clutch cable for long life.
- Honda Racing-inspired colours and graphics.