2010 Honda CRF50F
The longest running model in Honda’s
off-road line-up, the CRF50F is the quintessential
mini bike and
the choice of beginning riders the world over. Its
inverted fork, 49cc four-stroke engine and easy-shifting
threespeed gearbox with automatic clutch make the
CRF50F a blast to ride. Built strong and solid, with
aggressive big bike styling and a low 550mm seat height,
this CRF is specially made to keep the fun meters
of the smallest riders in the family running in the
red — Honda red.
- Extreme Red (with White number plate and sidecovers)
Features and Benefits
- Dependable 49cm³ SOHC four-stroke engine
develops smooth, easy-to-use power.
- 10 : 1 compression ratio ensures good performance.
- Maintenance-free Capacitor Discharge ignition
(CDI) and automatic camchain tensioner.
- 13mm piston-valve carburettor offers excellent
fuel mileage and throttle response throughout the
- Smooth-shifting 3-speed transmission and automatic
clutch offer simple operation and easy takeoffs.
- Durable #420 drive chain provides dependable
operation and low maintenance.
- Exhaust silencer equipped with spark arrester
provides efficient and quiet operation.
- Closed crankcase ventilation system safeguards
against engine oil contamination.
- High-tensile steel frame and swingarm offer excellent
balance of strength and compliance.
- Inverted telescopic fork offers a plush 87mm
of suspension travel.
- Single-shock rear suspension supporting a reinforced
swingarm provides 70mm of well-damped
- 28-spoke, 10" diameter wheels with die-cast
aluminium hubs look great, provide excellent
manoeuvrability and offer smooth ride quality.
- Powerful, lightweight front and rear drum brakes.
- Wide, long-wearing off-road tyres offer excellent
- Front suspension spring and damping rates engineered
to provide optimum rider comfort and bump
- Engine design produces low emissions and meets
the most rigorous off-road emissions standards.
- Narrow, 110mm-wide CR-style seat, slim fuel tank,
and extra-low, 550mm seat height provide excellent
comfort and mobility for a broad range of young
- Adjustable throttle limiter.
- Keyed ignition switch prevents unauthorised use.
- Motocross-style handlebar with padded protector.
- Small-size control levers enhance young rider
comfort and confidence.
- High-quality, comfortable grips.
- Small overall size and light weight simplify
- Easy-access washable foam air filter simplifies
- Folding, cleated footpegs offer secure footing
even in muddy conditions.
- Durable plastic fenders are nearly indestructible.
- CRF-R-inspired bodywork, colours and graphics.