T20 classic race bike
- Rebuilt Yamaha RD crank conversion using
the bearings to fit the T20 crankcase without
boring them out.
- Nova straight cut primary gears to prevent
side thrust from the crank
- High first gear from Crooks Suzuki.
- 32mm Mikuni carburettors jetted to suit
- Alloy spacers & carburettor manifolds
to suit the 32mm carbs
- Clutch plates & springs.
- Engine bearings throughout
- Steeering taper head bearings.
- Kawaskai type steering damper.
- Race Products clip-on handlebars. Domino
TZ style Q/A throttle & grips. Clutch
& brake levers
- Fibreglass front mudguard from Ragged Edge
Racing(the first 18" one out the mould)
- Shortened front brake cable from Venhill
- Honda Cr125 54mm pistons, YZ125 small ends.
- Wheel bearings front/rear with new brake
- Chrome spokes in the wheels
- RGV250 sigle outlet fuel tap
- Sprockets front 13/14 tooth rear 46/47/48
in alloy with a H/duty 428 chain fitted.
As well as the new parts Yamaha RD250 34mm
forks & yokes have been fitted to give better
handling, the frame has been strengthened along
with the rubber mounting of the engine using
TZ engine mounts as shown on the T20 website.
www.t20suzuki.com This website also follows
the progress of this bike whilst I was building
it in the racing/tuning section.The swinging
arm has been lengthened which is the norm with
The wheels are both Akront rims with the front
being flanged & 1.85 wide, the rear flangless
& 2.5 wide with both wearing Avon race compound
tyres that would easily do the rest of the season.
New tubes & rim tapes were fitted at beginning
of the season.
The barrels have been tuned by myself &
are of the 4 port variety but can hold it's
own with the more common Fahron tuned bikes
that it has been up against. The last meeting
it did was the Bob McIntyre in June 2008 where
it was 2nd overall in the 250 class on both
days over the weekend. There was only two other
T20s that came home in front of it & both
have had a LOT more money spent on them. The
gearbox selector drum has had the mod to prevent
you needing to select neutral before going down
to first gear. The front brake is still the
T20 2LS drum but has been lightened & has
some racing shoes in it which is quite effective.
A Femsa ignition is fitted.
At the Bob McIntyre meeting I posted my fastest
lap of 1min 16.8 seconds making it the 3rd fastest
T20 over the weekend.